Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Replacement power cord for Toraiz sp-16

I lost the power cord for my toraiz sp-16. I was wondering if there is a way I can order a new power cable directly from pioneer.

spencer zoran Answered

Official comment

You could, but it's going to be a pricey replacement buying from our parts replacement service. I'd suggest simply shopping for a 12V / 3A DC adapter with a 5mm barrel, tip positive / sleeve negative.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Appreciate the reply! I have been searching the past couple weeks for power cables that meet this specification, but I keep running into a bit of a snag. I found 3 different cables that are 12V / 3A DC with a 5mm barrel, tip positive. Every one of these cables I found has a 5mm barrel but the center hole is slightly too small for the pin (like a fraction of a millimeter, the tolerance for the Toriaz plug must be very, very exact)

Could you provide me with a more exact measurement on the plug? I might have to just order one from the parts replacement service. I have found a few cables that have the correct output but I cant seem to find a plug that fits in the back of the unit.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

spencer zoran 0 votes

Ah! That sucks, sorry to hear it! I'll try and get an exact spec for you.

Pulse 0 votes

I ended up ordering a new cable from full compass, the company I originally ordered my toriaz from. I brought the toriaz down to guitar center a few days ago and we dug through all the various power cords they had on hand for their pro audio gear. Couldn't find a plug that fit (I was going to use one of my correct amperage/incorrect plug adapters and make a franken-cable, but no dice) The pro audio girl at guitar center was stumped.

Let this be a lesson to everyone, keep track of your power cord. It's not really something you can go out and find one that works with it. Definitely not a good thing to leave behind at a gig.

I decided it would be just best to order a new one and not risk my expensive unit with an odd cable. I appreciate all your help. I am super excited to get my toriaz running again to play around with the new 64 second sample limit.

spencer zoran 0 votes