Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Best Way to Get Rekordbox

Hi There,

There seems to be a multitude of options to get a rekordbox DJ license, one way paying $129 + tax outright or monthly or buying a product. 

My question is rather than paying $129 whats the best/cheapest product to get that comes with a license include? I have an XDJ R1 so looking for something to compliment that (pads?)

Is there any difference between the bundles licences and the $129 one? Seems like I could get some extra kit for much much more than buying the software if not. 

Matthew Adams

Official comment

With the monthly subscription, you get all of the plus-packs included (dj, dvs, video, rmx), for $9.90 per month, a total value of $386.90. If you purchase a product, you own those licenses as opposed to "renting" them monthly... plus you get hardware!

To purchase a product that comes bundled with a license, you have a few options depending on your needs. If you want dj + dvs, the least-expensive options are the DJM-250MK2 at $349, the INTERFACE-2 at $299, or the DDJ-XP1 at $249.

Consider that if you wanted to get the licenses for dj ($129) + dvs ($99), the total would run you $228. So spend $21 more, you can get the XP1 and the licenses.

If you don't care about dvs, the DDJ-RB is $249 as well.

I guess it comes down to what gear you already have vs. what you need!

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Thanks, I was paying the monthly subscription but figured out in the end I'm just gonna pay more than buying a license. Think I will go with the XP1 as that will open up some new creativity options. 

Just to check if I try to use my R1 and and XP1 at the same time to control Rekordbox is that going to work? I can use both  as controllers at the same time and the mappings wont clash with each other?

Matthew Adams 0 votes

Yep, the XP1 and R1 can both be used in combination - they may have identical functions (eg. a hot cue), but that's fine, they will both work.

Pulse 0 votes