Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Waveform lag when charging tracks.

I'm noticing that when I load the songs in the desks, very often the waveform and the Ui start to slow down, this happens for a few seconds then it stops, when I load the next song or the same song everything goes well, then after a a couple of songs comes up again, this happens on both 5.0.3 and 5.1. this using dvs, in internal mode does not happen, I tried to raise the latency but this seems to make no difference. What can you depend on?

Zazadj Answered

Official comment

If you are paying a monthly subscription to Apple Music, you're paying to STREAM the music. It's not yours; you're leasing the right to listen to it within iTunes or on your iOS devices.

I'm going to direct you to please file an inquiry ticket here and our rekordbox support team will be able to gather some additional information to assist you in resolving this issue.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

12 comments

on what machine? mac Windows? what os Level etc? hard for the engineers to help in this case when no further Information is provided. in my case i don't have this Problem under win7.

Daniel Ventura 0 votes

Surface laptop i5 8gb ram, music on ssd external sandisk 480 gb, I have to try to disable the firwell permissions I granted, maybe that may be the problem, as I disable the network adapter. However I use windows 10 fall creator update.

Zazadj 0 votes

ok after a few days of testing the problem did not occur, thanks to the timely reporting, about Waveform will be possible to have more options of views, now we have only 2, vertical and horizontal extended, both for 2 and 4 desk, I would like a horizontal between the two desks, for example as Serato, and if there was the possibility of introducing Tempo matching Display between the waveforms.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nldkzai9huqs8ff/Foto%2003.12.17%2C%2019%2021%2008.jpg?dl=0

Zazadj 0 votes

Hello, I go back to this topic because I'm still noticing the frame drops when I load some tracks from my library, for a few seconds this happens then the UI returns fluid, I'm also noticing that every minute there are micro freezes of the UI, I'll try to post a video, now I do not know if this depends on using the software on an external monitor 2k, I also tried to install the software again but I get the same result.

Zazadj 0 votes

Hello Pulse, no this also happens on the monitor of the Surface laptop, but only with the music folder purchased, I do not know if it is a problem of coding the file. what I notice on the external monitor and occasionally I see a micro freez of the waveform, especially when there is a function to widen the waveform when moving the pitch, if I disable the function from the settings dvs, it happens much less. about the lag even if on the external monitor the dpi is set to 125 (recommended) the whole interface will be bigger but it will not be clear and the waveform will not be fluid

Zazadj 0 votes

Sorry, I don't understand "but only with the music folder purchased" ??

Pulse 0 votes

Basically, it is the music that I downloaded Apple Music, I have a program that takes away the projection and encodes them in mp3 320, in fact the folder house and Hits that I created from apple music has this problem but not on all tracks. , plus when I use the 2k resolution on the external monitor with dpi set to 125, the waveform is not as fluid as when I set the dpi at 100%

Zazadj 0 votes

Sorry -- if you're illegally stripping the copy protection off Apple Music files, I can't provide any support. Music theft is a criminal offence.

Pulse 0 votes

I pay my monthly subscription to apple music, and all my music is purchased regularly, according to I'm no longer using the software er delete the projection, that is the only folder I tried to see if the software works, then never again used, I had the same problem on other tracks bought from tracksource. I know it's a criminal offense, I'm a DJ since I was 12 and I've always bought music, today I'm 37 and I'm still buying music,

Zazadj 0 votes