Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

What have you done to related tracks?

My related tracks are showing literally no matches, as you can see from the picture, there are loads...

It was fine before...

Samuel Alexander Spratt

Official comment

Hello Samuel,

There is a known bug that no file extensions are ticked in the Saved "RELATED TRACKS".

Please tick all file extensions as shown in the picture below.

As for the "From the selected playlist" option,  please click the button specified in the picture below.

Regards,

Hiroyuki

Hiroyuki
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

Where is my "From the selected playlist" option? I don't always want to see my entire collection to choose from.

I have instantly uninstalled this beta, because this section is appalling...

Samuel Alexander Spratt 0 votes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but you can see from my image I already clicked the collection button, which is where I was getting no results (all the extensions are clicked) - just tried again and still getting no results

The new setup also means whenever I change the playlist I'm working on I have to go into the settings to change it, instead of having an automatic "current playlist" setting. A current playlist setting needs to be added to the tree.

Pitch/BPM up to 5% and related key 2

As soon as I hit "Collection" loads appear, so it's not working on the playlists

Hre you go, this has collection so all matching tracks are showing

Samuel

Just ran into the issue you reported last month. I'm using the final 5.1 version.  I can't seem to find the old option called "From Selected Playlist".  Now I need to manually go in and choose playlists using my keyboard/mouse rather than scroll the wheel on my controller or CDJ. Frustrating. Gonna have to roll back to 5.0.3 :(

DJ Chase 0 votes

Nah, it isn't there, proper annoying.

What I have done to get around that is put the name of the playlist within the comments, then using the new related tracks listings on the left (which is a nice addition) create saved related tracks searches that uses "comments contains" so you can just navigate between them.

It's a complete hack, and really annoying, but was the only way I could think of doing it. 

Like this - https://imgur.com/a/JTQEP

wow thats super annoying. No way i'm gonna do that. I have dozens of playlists, some intelligent, some regular. I only end up using the related tracks for open format / top 40 stuff where i'm using RBDJ.  But still, a serious omission. They added a lot of extra stuff but took away an essential feature!  I'm sure it was just an oversight!

The programmers / coders aren't DJs so this sort of stuff gets left out until people like us, or Pulse nudges them to fix it.  Hopefully will make the next minor update. I posted in the regular rekordbox forum so hopefully it gets seen!

DJ Chase 0 votes

lol - why not use the MyTag feature in combination?

This seems to be working for most of my tests... not sure what I'm doing differently?

Pulse 0 votes

Hey Pulse

Haven't looked at my tag. But let me clarify. I used to keep a small Related tracks window open on the right side. It was set to show Related tracks from current playlist, based on the master.  So while Deck 1 is playing a track, I could use the browse button to scroll through playlists on the left side of the screen and the related tracks would list all the tracks in the current playlist that matched key.  Very intuitive and I think thats the way it was intended.  Right now, there is no option to use the 'selected playlist', so one has to leave their controller/CDJ and pick whatever playlist they want to show related keys in. The alternative it to use 'collection', which is bad for open format DJs since it'll display a 80s alternative track while playing a deep house set since the BPm and key matches! lol

Just asking to see if they can add the option back in, and instead of manually choosing what playlist, it just uses the playlist that is highlighted.  I can make a video if i'm being unclear.. thx!!

DJ Chase 0 votes

Because my tags in combinations doesn't work in the same way from what I understand. I don't want combinations, I want to be able to click on a playlist knowing what it is in that playlist coz I've spent time putting together to progress my set.

If I'm playing a track from my "Trance" playlist, and I want to progress to a track in my "Peak" playlist, how do I do that with tags?

Before I would simply scroll and select the "Peak" playlist and there it is...

It's a huge oversight. I understand why it's not available for the new style related lists on the left, but why it's not still an option on the right hand panel I don't know. I've raised this on reddit and more people have said about it on there, so it's not just a couple of us. 

Samuel

I have the exact same workflow. I have dozens of playlists in nested folders. So I'll spend an hour in the 'warmup' playlist and use the related window to find in key tracks, then move over to "Future House" then maybe "Peak House" then move to "Bass House" etc

I only want to see the in key songs in whatever playlist I'm in. Hoping they will add this back with 5.2 coming next month!  Until then, I see no use for using RBDJ and will play strictly off USB :(  

DJ Chase 0 votes