Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Standalone DVS on XDJ-RX2

Hy,

just an idea..i think it would possible from a technical view:

why not using the rx2 as a standalone dvs solution? it has all the needed parts for it. phone preamps, possibility to Play rb sticks, stacked waveforms and a cpu that it pretty capable of interpreting timecode Inputs.

Image how much fun this would be ;-)

this could also be applicable in some ways with a pair of cdj2000nx2 or xdj1000mk2 pro dj linked with the djm900nxs2 and a pair of turntables.

the mixer has the soundcard possiblilties and the Players have the possibility to provide the Music and the Screens/waveforms.

just an idea :-)

Daniel Ventura Answered

Official comment

The RX2 internal hardware is not capable of DVS, sorry. What you're suggesting would require a different set of hardware - and you acknowledge it yourself "...and a cpu."

As a suggestion for a new unit, this would be in the realm of possibility, but for a modification, it wouldn't be possible for the RX2.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

hm are you sure? even the rx mk1 has a really mighty coretex a9 (arm) cpu and that is for sure capabable of interpeting a simple timecode Signal besides it's other Jobs ;-)

don't know yet what main unit is in the rx2 (would be nice to know pulse) but it's for sure faster than the mk1 ones.

just for comparison:

a raspberry pi first Generation (that is way slower then the rx mk1) can handle timecode very well with low latency several diy Projects to Show whats possible.

it's all about the software/Firmware nothing more...same Topic on Decoding flac/alac ;-)

but i understand that pio wants to release such stuff in combination with a new Hardware :-)

Daniel Ventura 0 votes

Sorry, it's not something Pioneer DJ is interested in either producing as an add-on, or as a modification to existing hardware.

Pulse 0 votes

the mentioned raspi Projects was just an example what is possible. the hw of the rx2 should have equal or even more power than a raspi :-) never mentioned that i expect that something like this Comes as add on or modification. just wanted to give an example what is possible with modern hw (that is also inside a rx2 by Default).

but anyway... it will not happen on an existing model :-)

pulse, could you give me the cpu specs of the rx2 model? don't own the Service Manual yet for this model :-)

Daniel Ventura 0 votes