Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Mutes per pattern - SP 16

Can the SP-16 store mutes per pattern like on an MPC or Digitakt? 

I'm feeling the AS-1 and am curious about the SP-16. But I really enjoy building tracks with the mutes per pattern feature found on other machines.

Thanks!!!!

djadonis206

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

No. Muting silences the audio on the track globally. A muted track remains muted when you switch patterns. Also, the muting silences the track immediately, not on the next beat or bar. When you unmute the track, the audio immediately plays including sounds halfway or reverb trails. Its actually quite unmusical. It is exactly like muting a mixer channel

You will want to concentrate on building a full pattern then copying that pattern to the 16 slots and clearing the tracks you don't want to hear in each pattern.

Bryan Ferguson 1 vote
Comment actions Permalink

The DJS does mutes per pattern. Will this feature come to the SP-16?

djadonis206 0 votes

If Pioneer is watching I would very much read into @Bryan Ferguson's post. I think it would be nice in a future update to have the ability to quantize the muting/unmuting of a track at the least. Tap mute on a track and it mutes on the next beat. Same with unmuting. 

Quality of life changes like this make the product that much more robust for live play.

ezze 1 vote