Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

XDJ-RX2 & DJS-1000

I am interested in the DJS-1000 to use along with my XDJ-RX2 unit. Although they will not sync as there is no PRO DJ Link on the RX2 I still have a few questions:

1. Im not that bothered that I cannot sync the BPMs as I don't use this feature on the RX2, I just manually match the BPMs using the tempo slider. Will I face any other issues due to them not being sync'd?

2. The RX2 has no send/return, could I just use the 'master 2' output from the RX2 into the input of the DJS-1000 to sample from, then the output from the DJS-1000 would feed back into either one of the channels on the RX2 or into the AUX input?

3. Would I face an issue with live sampling if I use the above set up? 

4. Will I face any other issues by not having them sync'd?

5. Will we be able to sync the RX2 and DJS-1000 in the future by midi (USB), or by using a MAC/PC as a midi hub?

6. Is it worth purchasing the DJS-1000 to go along with RX2 or am I wasting my money?

Thanks....

keith ross

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

1, Ok cool

2. Yes you can do that, just don't have the sync option and match but you can work around that.

3. Shouldn't have any more than the issue of not having a pro link.

4. May have to work a little harder at keeping everything together, use NUDGE and the Tempo Slider and you should be ok!

5. Not sure at this time but will announce any and all updates here as they come out.

6. It's an amazing tool that will take your creativity to another level and separate you from other DJs since this will bring performance into your set.

Jay 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Personally, I wouldn't recommend this setup, specifically because of:

2) NO! NEVER CREATE A POSSIBLE FEEDBACK LOOP!

These two items are not designed for use together, and trying to do so would result in frustration over the money spent to not do what the units are designed to do.

Pulse 0 votes

So basically your not recommending this set up for the sole reason of not being able to live sample, considering I’m a bedroom DJ and play out only a handful of times and never use my own gear?
No sync is not an issue, so is it only the live sampling I’m missing out on?

keith ross 0 votes

Yes; if you did it as an output from the RX2 to the input of the DJS, then output from the DJS to your sound system, that would be the ONLY way I would recommend its configuration. The problem there is that you have no preview of the audio from the DJS, nor any control over the audio level.

Pulse 0 votes

So it’s because the source that I’m sampling from is the same source that’s playing the audio from the DJS and that’s where I would face the issue? So if I played the sound that I want to sample into the DJS, I would hear the same sound from both units but causing a feedback loop :( why didn’t the RX2 Just have send/return

keith ross 0 votes

Only if you tried to loop the output from the XDJ into the DJS, and then back into the XDJ would you face a potential feedback loop.

There's no S/R because that's more of an advanced feature, outside of the intended range of user for this product.

Pulse 0 votes

So if I’m not bothered about syncing as I don’t use it on my RX2, and if I just want to use sampled sounds from tracks on my Mac, and VST’s etc using the line in on the DJS, and then playing them back as part of a pattern or during a set, then il good to go? I won’t face any other issues? I feel it has more for me than what I’m limited by!

keith ross 0 votes

Hi Keith, did you end up going ahead? I have an RX2 and I'm looking at the same sampler to add a bit a variety, I would love to hear how you are going with yours and if you have any advice on whether to go the same direction. 

neo.pop 0 votes

So, I had same doubts. I wanna a sampler to play together with my XDJ RX2. Pioneer has some solution for these case?

DJ Soul 0 votes

Ich finde es schade, ich interessiere mich auch für den Djs 1000 und habe jetzt 1400 Eur für den xdj rx2 ausgegeben und kann den djs dort nicht richtig verwenden. Bin echt enttäuscht und frage mich jetzt, ob das kein fehlkauf war.
Gibt's hierzu Erfahrungen von anderen?

Rene Brühl 0 votes