Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

DJM900 "on air" status

Embarrassing question.

Just got my Nexus ( :D ), connect it all up to Rekordbox etc and all works perfectly. However one little tiny thing is bugging me. 

My left CDJ2000 is hooked up to channel one, and the "on air" red LED lights up when channel one is in use. 

My right CDJ however, is hooked up to channel four, however the "on air" red LED lights up when channel three is in use. 

I go into utilities, however the "player number" option is greyed out (its player three by default?) . How do I change the player number? 

mercer2099

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

@mercer2099 > You need to disconnect the LAN cable, remove any USB or SD devices and then change it in the settings.  Switch it to 4 and you're set!

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi, have my DJM-900, 2 CDJ-2000s connected to a 5 port TP Link TL-SF1005D Ethernet Switch, the On-Air is switched on n the preferences

CDJ on the left is on channel 1

CDJ on the right is on channel 2

still having trouble getting the red ring On-Air display status !

What am I doing wrong !

Andy Ascencio 0 votes

You must be set the Player Number to the same chanel as you play!!
Change the Player number in the Menue thats all

markoerregger 0 votes

is the right cdj plugged into channel 2 or 4, you said 2 different things in 2 different posts, if the right player is in channel 4 of the 2000, then the 900 must be set as 4, not 2,

BriChi 0 votes

right, but in the first post he said he plugs it into channel 4 of the DJM therefore he needs to set the cdj to deck 4 in the menu

BriChi 0 votes

Ok thanks, Brichi but looks liek you are confusing me with someone else here is my first post

Hi, have my DJM-900, 2 CDJ-2000s connected to a 5 port TP Link TL-SF1005D Ethernet Switch, the On-Air is switched on n the preferences

CDJ 1 on the left is on channel 1

CDJ 2 on the right is on channel 2

still having trouble getting the red ring On-Air display status !

What am I doing wrong !

Jan-11 2012 22:01.

Andy Ascencio 0 votes

And yes CDJ on the left is set to one in the Menu/Utility but something interesting which I can't change is , press "Info" first then "menu utility  on the the player that says it is supposed to be one it says 2 in "LINK INFO" and that is greyed out can't change it

Andy Ascencio 0 votes

sorry, i was talking about the original poster, he did have it plugged into channels 1 and 4 of a DJM 900 which means the 900's have to be on 1 and 4 in the menu

as for your, you have to make sure nothing is connected to the cdj in order to change the number, disconnect the ethernet, usb drives etc.... and then reboot the deck and try again, but if it's already on 2, it "should" work fine. I would double check that both decks have on air enabled. Unfortunately I do not have the DJM900 or DJM2000 so I cannot test this, I have 2 cdj2000's and the DJM800. Sorry if there is not much I can help you with, maybe someone with the same setup can jump in or perhaps you can upload a video of the exact setup and settings so we can see. Good luck

BriChi 0 votes

This is the Left CDJ (1) I Set it it to 1 on the in MENU UTILITY, but something is strange when I press INFO then MENU UTILITY it says  PLAYER 2!!!!  and it is greyed out can't change it tried everything ! disconnected everything reconnected nothing repeatedly !!!

Same thing goes for the player that is on the right it is set

Andy Ascencio 0 votes

aarrrggghhH!!!! got it set the players to their numbers ! stupid mistake didnt realize it was on auto !!!!

Andy Ascencio 0 votes

Thanks for you help going to try now will keep you posted !

Andy Ascencio 0 votes

LOL,,, it's always the simplest thing that will drive you crazy.... 

BriChi 0 votes

hahah yup ! but its still not working im gonna keep on trying gonna see if I set player 2 to 4 instead and put it on channel 4 of the mixer im losing my patience already  !

Andy Ascencio 0 votes

I have set both CDjs to their player number in "MENU/Utility" the 2 players plus Mixer are connected to a LAN Switch but the ON-Air Status is not working

I see that on the 1st player left deck, in the MENU UTILITY it is selected to 1 but when I press the INFO button then the MENU UTILITY it says LINK INFO player 2 !!! how do I fix this vice versa for player 2 it says player 1 in LINK INFO ! 

Andy Ascencio 0 votes

I "think" that the link info when hitting INFO showing as player 2 means that it is linked to player 2, So the player is player 1, but also linked to "2", Player 2 should obviously say "2" in the lower left corner and if you hit the info button should say Player 1 then showing it is linked to the left deck (player 1). I could be wrong though but that kinda makes sense :)

BriChi 0 votes

@Andy > BriChi is correct. When you press on the "Info" tab, then the "Menu" tab, it shows the other players that are connected. It is "greyed out" because you do not have a useable source detected on the other CDJ. Ex. USB device, SD card, Rekordbox LINK

If you had one of those sources connected with tracks on the media, you would be able to press "Info" then "Menu" and select that other player, which would display the currently loaded tracks information on that selected player. This allows you to quickly scroll through the "title, artist, BPM, key, album, etc..." so you can select it, and quickly locate tracks that are similar. Ex. Say you like to mix in Key, you have a track playing in "Dm" and want to search for similar tracks in "Dm" without backing out of the menu and re-entering under "Key" finding "Dm" and so on.... You can simply press "Info" then "Menu", select the player the song you want to search from, then simply scroll and select the "Key" and find all other tracks that are in "Dm". It is basically an easy way to duplicate a track or search for similar tracks that you have loaded.

Overall, this is normal for it to say that, so don't worry about it. ;)

I will hopefully do a quick video this weekend for you and post it on this thread, or the other thread if you're still having troubles. 

Now that I notice it... you're posting on 2 threads carrying the same topic. lol It's best not to cross post on these forums,  but hopefully your problem can be resolved soon. ;)

Foster 0 votes