Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

mac via eithernet not reconizing DJM 900

Hey guys,

I'm back again This is my 3rd DJM 900 Last two had issues. I am trying to update the DJM 900 firmware from 1.11 to 1.20 by connecting the Ethernet cable straight from the DJM 900 to the macbook pro, I have no other programs open or cables plugged into the DJM 900 except for the Ethernet cable. I have disabled firewall my System Preference/network is yellow but still works when is connected to record box It shows a IP address and a sub it's set to auto and DHCP.

I had no issues updating or connecting the first DJM 900 Tek support says they don't know? huh ...... Anyway any help would be appreciated. Could the original DJM 900 (which worked) has somehow stored its ip address?

Super Lou

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

No the original did not leave an old address. Dhcp works on a lease time. So even if ur Mac had an address it wOuld have asked for a renew of it. In windows it easy to get a new address. Just open up a command window. Then type ipconfig /release which will zero you out. The type ipconfig /renew which will send a dhcp request using a ip request address of 169.X.X.X

Robert Rodriguez 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Make sure you are using a crossover cable and not a straight through cable. I don't believe the djm900 has a switched port. I will recommend you update it with a windows machine.

Robert Rodriguez 0 votes

Thanks for your help Robert,

I was able to use my Laptop PC and downloaded the windows firmware. I clicked on the app and the program launched and update was successful. It's mindbogglingly why my mac won't launch the program or connect to the DJM 900.  I am  updated thanks 

Super Lou 0 votes

@Super Lou > It might have been because your ethernet connection was not at the top of the list that the software was trying to use the airport addressing instead.  Glad to hear you were able to update tho.

@Robert > You can use a straight-through cable; almost every device is now smart enough to auto-switch.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for your help! I am not sure I understand what is a straight-through cable?

Super Lou 0 votes

@Super Lou > It's just wired differently than a cross-over cable; they were required by older networking hardware for certain connections.  Any regular CAT-5 you buy will be a straight-through.

Pulse 0 votes