Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

DJM 850 audio interface not working at all with Traktor

I recently purchased the DJM 850 and one of the main selling points was the interface being certified with Traktor Pro 2.  Since using the DJM 850 as my interface I have not been able to hear more than a couple minutes of clean audio at a time.  I keep getting digital artifacts and what sounds like bit crunching throughout the mix.  I've moved the latency settings up to 1024 and still no luck.  This is not just a Traktor thing either as I hear these artifacts just from browsing music online.  What's odd is that I never had this problem before using my audio 8 or Mbox so I have a hard time believing there is something wrong with my laptop.  Below are the specs of what I am using.  Any help or insight from anyone would be much appreciated.  thanks

Macbook Pro (2008) 2.5 Intel core duo 4 gigs of ram

Snow leopard

Traktor Pro 2

Sebastian Cariaga

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

It seems the issue has something to do with the usb port.  When using the provided usb cable things improve however still intermittent clipping.  I purchased a larger cord today and for some reason the clipping got a lot worse.  Any ideas on how to resolve this?  I'm tearing my hair out!

Sebastian Cariaga 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks Dez. I think we're having similar problems. I see that we're both using MacBook Pros. Mine is an early 2008 model and I've read online about USB issues with these models. Im curious to know which MBP you own?

Also for some reason using the provided USB cable creates a better result and interruptions in audio happen less frequently. I just purchased a 10 ft cable yesterday since I need to have a longer cable with my set up. After using the new cable audio drops out every 2 minutes and is much worse. Doesn't make sense to me as it is a brand new cable and of good quality. Leads me to believe there is a possible issue with the USB port on the MBP.

For me there is no difference if I use the cable supplied or other cables, like the one from my Traktor Kontrol S2, which by the works flawlessly recording inside Traktor Pro 2 on the same MBP. I have noticed better results when closing all other programs and switching off WiFi/Bluetooth etc but it alwsy ends up dropping out at some point :(

For the record my MBP is the following spec:

Late 2009, 2.53Ghz, 4Gb ram and 256Gb Crucial M4 SSD drive

Dez 0 votes

Thnx Dez. I think I'm gettin to the point that I may just update my laptop. I'm curious you said you updated to 10.8 and now you have no audio. Was that the case with just using Traktor as well? I'm not worried about recording audio at this point but if I can't even use Traktor than that's a problem.

The problem with 10.8 is Pioneer have no 850 drivers to support the OS, only works in 10.6 and 10.7 I believe. Pretty poor as I am now having to record from REC OUT at the back :(

Dez 0 votes