THE NEW FORUMS
WOW......,who's idea was this ,so difficult to find stuff or see stuff ,i cant see many people liking this lay out tbh ,i for one dont ,the old site forums were so much better ...whats your thoughts???????
Post is closed for comments.
See this post. The change is for the better. It may take some getting used-to, but trust me, it's going to be a much better solution for support issues.
blimey ,so these forums are supposed to be here for the pioneer user,and a quick read through the new changes looks more like you are punishing everyone for there effort in making a forum what it is ,i mean you cant embed pictures or video,that is ridiculous..as well as post count,people like to see the post count going up ,hence just about every forum on the planet has them,it kind of makes people feel like they are contributing towards the forum,and not just a passer by ,i just cant understand this move by pioneer,its very militant, we are not the enemy we are the people who put the money in the bank, and to be treated like children and controlled in this was is insulting imo (no doubt this will be deleted now)
as for the change is for the better thread,imposible to find
here are some of the changes for those who cant find it
- if you registered brand-new, you may have entered your real name where it asked for your name on the registration; you can change this to your nickname or DJ name in your profile (link is at the top right of the page); we're working on having that wording changed
- there are no graemlins (smilies), your sarcasm will have to be indicated old-school style with an ASCII smilie ;)
- you can't edit a post once you have posted it; proofreading is now important!
- there is no quote function to quote another post on a reply (our suggestion is a simple copy/paste if you require it)
- your location and post-count are not shown
- there are no individual user-based timezones; all times are server-based (-8 GMT)
- the last-user to comment on a post is not listed
- to find posts made since your last visit, you'll have to click the "Recent" button atop any of the forums; there is no highlighting of posts changed since your last visit
- you will be automatically subscribed to any thread to which you post a reply (comment) -- to remove it, either click the unsubscribe link located at the top of the thread, or visit your profile and remove them there
- you do not have the ability to embed an image or video
- your user password requires a number, symbol and capital letter -- if this is a problem for you, use one of the other login methods to use an existing account or get yourself a password keeper such as 1Password, Roboform or KeePass; high security for your passwords should be something you consider everywhere
@kplex > Taken out of context, yes, that list does look like we're punishing you, but you also forgot to quote the line above it:
We would like to point out several changes that you will notice from our previous forum software as some of you may be looking for certain features which are, unfortunately, not available in this software.
There are many things we've asked Zendesk to change or add to their feature-set, and some may become available within coming months, but others are simply not on their roadmap or able to be implemented.
I'm closing this thread, but not because of your comments, because we'd like to consolidate all comments to one thread: