Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

import playlist not all tracks are selected

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System:  Windows 7

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: latest

4) Using LINK:  Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: network hardware

4b) Using with CDJs Yes 2000

5) Hard drive external: FAT32

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: No Yes Unsure

5c) With what utility did you format the device: OSX Windows HP USB Formatting Utility Other

6) Have you scanned your files for errors:  Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: an error message OR a crash log OR both (DO NOT POST YOUR CRASH LOG UNLESS REQUESTED!)

8b) If not crashing, are there anrror messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem:Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

Provide as much detail of the issue here:

GWsound

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

what the f** I´m typing a full story and the text is completely gone. What is this for a forum...

GWsound 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Ok again....

I import a playlist that has been created with other DJ software and works fine in all DJ and media applications but not in Record Box. The palylist is saved as m3u file. I noticed that Recordbox is skipping some files. After a closer look I noticed that it skipps the tracks from the directory name "Dance verzamel CD´s". The tracks in this directory are already in the Record box collection. Why is it skipping these files. I only work with .wav files and they are not corrupt...

GWsound 0 votes

@GWsound > Sorry, not sure why it's doing that -- only seems to happen with copy/paste.  We will investigate.

As for the playlist, if it's skipping certain songs on the playlist, are those tracks in the locations that the playlist links?  I note that you have a forward-tick > ´ (not appostrophe > ') in the folder name, I wonder if that's causing an issue for Rekordbox loading that location.

Pulse 0 votes

As I stated, no other application is having a problem with the playlists so it must be recordbox who is not correct. I also noticed that sometimes Recordbox when importing a playlist thinks that the tracks are new and give a file path starting with the playlist folder.. So my tracks are then double in the database.

If Recordbox want to have the role of central music hub then it must be able to handle these kind of playlist management in a proper manner. I maintain sets for different HW and software systems and loose my overview when application are doing partly their work or other strange things.

If you like I can send you a playlist that goes wrong.

Garro

GWsound 0 votes

Have you tried using a proper apostrophe instead of a back-tick?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse: "only seems to happen with copy/paste"

I have the same problem with my Mep 7000.

If I copy any tracks in folders that contain m3u exts, It seems to break the m3u link/code & gray out tracks in playlist.

I now copy & paste a track, delete m3u & make another one ...this solves problem

I use m3u's for some warm up sets by bpm(increase) so It doesnt take 2 mins to make another one.

It also helps to delete the hidden "mep library file" & create new library after copying or moving any files ...for all the time it takes & Peace of mind.

Graeme Burch 0 votes

The sofware I use to name tag my music with it set to delete any grammer i.e apostrophe, back-tick, etc.....Easier search.

Some artist & track name titles can be long, especially mashup titles ...lol

Graeme Burch 0 votes

The only way to resolve the issue sofar is that I first import my playlist into Itunes and then make an export from Itunes. This export playlist I can read into Recordbox and now all the songs are in the list.

By the wau, how can you really prepare a mix in Reconrd box if you can't mix in record box..

GWsound 0 votes

What is missing is that I can export a playlist to file again from Record box so that I can read it into Itunes or any media player and burn forinstance a CD.

GWsound 0 votes