Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

File type makes the difference

I decided to minmize the size of my collection....made it at about 10000 tacks from a variety of genres....I mostly use my cdjs 350 with 500gb external LG HXD5 hard drives...4 of them which work fairly good with the cdjs...also I decided to convert my collection from 320 mp3s to wav...imported all to i-tunes so I can tag the wavs...and the miracle is done...cdjs are running with the speed of light in search and loading tracks..also no crashes in rekordbox since I imported everything through the itunes bridge..have to say that accurate looping is not an issue anymore and master tempo quality has been improved....Finally I think Wav files is the way to go..or...i imagine things??

Please keep in mind that most of the cdj350 users would love if there was the possibility in rekordbox for at least one cue point to be saved..thnxxxx for your time...cheers from moneyless GREECE

fenderisc

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

how many tracks did you used to have? I noticed that once I get above around 15,000 (I have 20,000 now) it starts to drastically slow down RB and my 2000's off a usb drive, especially in the search area. 

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Well I keep two different databases in two laptops..trying not to overcome the number on 10000 tracks on each due to hard disc capacity...but on my external drives For now I keep about 5-6000 on each..two discs for live and two as a backup

fenderisc 0 votes

@fenderisc > Love the avatar - did you have that done custom or is that from a Pioneer promotion?

Pulse 0 votes

I dont know if I can post links here....but its a vinyl skin I bought from an internet store for customizing dj gear...I waited about 20 days to come from US....The cost per pair was 78 euros

fenderisc 0 votes

Hi fenderisc, how can i contact you? Can't see anywhere button to send you a message..

Anastasio 0 votes

In terms of quality, you gained nothing by converting to WAV but as WAV is an uncompressed format then the players do not need to 'decode' the information like they have to with compressed audio files like MP3. Therefore, I would expect the players to read the data faster.

Gavin 0 votes

yes uncompressed files do the job far more faster...call me a fool but my music sounds better now..to be honest its not long ago since I moved from software djing to cdjs..and  I believe I will never go back...allready gathering money to make the move to 2000s till the end of summer

fenderisc 0 votes

@ fenderisc 

When u were young and recorded  a very bad quality tape onto a blank good quality one, the new one sounded  better than the old one ?

This happens when u convert from mp3 to wav, as Gavin said the only difference is that the player has less tasks to do. But the sound quality should be the same.

Unless the players are struggling reading mp3's  and  lower the quality.

I think my cdj2000's might have some difficulties reading mp3's, please check my thread

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20243167-cdj2000-pops-and-crackles-when-playing-mp3-320kbps-files

Marian Eugen 0 votes