Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Rekordbox Crapped My Database!!

Now im no fool and i know not to delete databases and stuff like that...

Today i opened Rekordbox to find no database for my music,

The backup databse is empty as well...

So thats my entire library needs to be re added to the collection.

id say 70,000 tunes ish..

Plus a years worth of playlists.

I really wish the software was reliable but the bottom line is ...... it isnt reliable at all.

its flakey .. it doesnt rsepond half the time ...... it crashes but all of that i have lived with but this one takes the biscuit!!

I do have some backups of the database but i have prolly not taken one for a while so i lost 2 months work at worst!

stick that on ya ticket system!!

Nick Hilton

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

Pio, RB always keeps a backup each time you close RB, If you're on a mac (not sure the path for pc, you can find it i'm sure) under the username/library/pioneer/rekordbox folder there is a file called datafile.backup.edb

Did you change any folder structures or anything? it's very weird that everything would just go missing for no reason, Not that I wouldn't be the first to blame RB for the screw up also, LOL

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Nope i renamed the databases after they went missing so i didnt overwrite the lot and tryed to load everything possible and it just isnt there.

all the files were sitting there at 3k in size (all empty)

Believe me i tryed everything to rescue it and it simply wasnt / isnt there

I have always backed up rbx databases to a separate drive but haven't done it since April so that's the last one i have,

I have just spent a day creating a folder of sets ready for a bbq party im playing at next month and now i have to do it all over again.

"Did you change any folder structures or anything? it's very weird that everything would just go missing for no reason, Not that I wouldn't be the first to blame RB for the screw up also, LOL"

Thats exactly what has happened ... its happened for no reason , i played a 3 hour set last night with 3 decks over link and it was perfect. closed rbx this morning when i got up and re opened it this afternoon and voila .......all gone!!

Nothing has been moved or deleted or changed just a lot of work down the drain!!

Nick Hilton 0 votes

wow that sucks man, sorry to hear..

I know it's too little too late, but once you get sorted back out, you should consider setting up "Dropbox", it's free and you can setup your pioneer folder to constantly backup to dropboxes server every time it sees a change, it keeps weeks, if not months worth of the copies so you can always go back to a previous state in RB... If you are interested, there is a link on the forum with Pulses way of running a terminal line that auto sets this up, I have it setup for my pio folder, serato folder and other important db files on my mac

BriChi 0 votes

Thanks i  think i will look into that now to make sure i dint lose it again.

Unfortunately we shouldnt have to be doin this kind of thing :(

Nick Hilton 0 votes

And to add to anyone reading this if you do follow the dropbox instruction make sure you back up your pioneer folder as i also managed to crap out all my analysis for all of my tracks aswell so i am having to do all that again.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

How did you do it? On a mac u simply copy and paste a terminal command and that's it, it starts a duplication right to rb, mine went perfect with no changes to rb database or analyzed tracks.

BriChi 0 votes

Meant "starts the dup right to dropbox".

We need edit back!!! Lol.

BriChi 0 votes

@Pionix > Seldom does stuff just "go missing"; unless there was a crash or corruption of your file system (not your database files), you wouldn't just find an empty database and no backup.  I'm not suggesting you did something inadvertently or forgot, but it's unlikely that Rekordbox ate your database.

Is there anything in your ~/Library/Pioneer/Crashes folder?

What about the ~/Library/Pioneer/Rekordbox/PIONEER/USBANLZ folder?

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, i appreciate what your saying but i have been using computers since 1999 and i can assure you accidentally deleting a 70000+ database is something i would have known about.

Unfortunately i tried the dropbox on windows and managed to screw things up even further by using the directory linker which crashed  and managed to delete the rest of my pioneer information.

i dont remember any specific crashes but thats because rekordbox is so bloody flakey i have given up taking any notice of crashes.

Its unstable and crashes at every given opportunity when using a large database or content.

I imagine i have opened it and it hasnt found the database then written the old database as zero to the backup?

So in answer to your question no i dont have any information to give you,

All i know is its gonna take me a week or so to re analyze this music again!!

Nick Hilton 0 votes

Rekordbox has also wiped everything off my database. All my tunes, playlists, cues and loops. I have now manually reloaded all the tunes back into "collection" but is there any folder or file that would still have my playlists, cues and loops that I could just re-import into recordbox to save me months of work re-editing them?

I have found a "Crashes" folder with "recordbox.exe.1294058899.dmp" in. What do they do? Also I have found a folder called "USBANLZ" in there are folders like"P00D" and folders within this are like "00028DE9" and eventually files called "ANLZ0000 DAT file"

Are these my playlists, cues and loops? If so, how can I re-import them?

Rekordbox takes up so much of my time these days. I seem to spend most of my time sorting all my tunes on rekordbox rather than DJing with them. Vinyl and a set of 1210's was so much easier!!

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Matt Cooper 0 votes

It's interesting and at the same time very disappointing how a multi-billion dollar corporation cannot get their shit together. Seems like RB is very low on their priority list, and that's a shame, because it had a huge potential. My library became useless after I transferred it to a new laptop and I have yet to receive any practical help on this board. I'm currently deciding whether to rebuild my library from scratch, a feat that would take at least couple of months of work, or ditch RB in favor of more reliable programs.

kooba 0 votes

to be fair this is an old post and i now have no complaints with rekordbox,

The last update fixed most of the issues and i am a happy bunny.

if you transfered it to a new laptop did you keep a back up of the old one?

are the tunes set on the same path and all in the same locations?

Nick Hilton 0 votes

@matthew > If you are having a problem, please start your own thread.

@koobah > I'll post a reply to that thread but if I have to guess, the key difference in the computers causing the problems is the network hardware.

Pulse 0 votes