Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Hot Cues

If I have a song in Rekordbox and I select three main hot cues and also add in some other memory points, is there a way to have these appear on the CDJ 2000 via the link connection. It would be nice if they automatically appeared when the song was dragged and dropped onto the selected CDJ, however I understand this may not be the case (yet anyway).

Thanks

KazPan

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

the 10 cue points on the right side of RB that you add will show up when you load a track, you use the "cue/loop" arrows on the 2000 to jump through them, as far as the hot cues, they will not auto load, you have to call them up by holding the rec/call button for 2 seconds then let go and select which hot cue you want to call up that you set in RB. "Hopefully" they add the "auto load" feature to the decks, I HATE that I have to call my hot cues every time I load a track, if I set hot cues for a track, obviously I would want them readily available asap so they should just auto load like every other piece of software/hardware does

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for the information. I too agree, automatic hot cues should have been in Rekordbox from day 1 as an option... it seems a very odd thing not to include. Lets hope Pioneer include this in the next update!

KazPan 0 votes

Auto-load has been suggested several times, we'll wait to see what happens in future updates.

Pulse 0 votes

Can I also just add: I have noticed that when you call up hot cues the current way, when you press them for the first time there is a 1 second lag. This means that if I want to use hot cues I have called up I have to press call for then to appear, then I have to press each of the three cues so that they load the second time without a lag... and this is before I even start using them for their intended purpose? When doing a set every second counts and this has been really bugging me.

Can Pioneer please make this a hotcue issue(s) a priority for an update as it really lets the whole Rekordbox LINK experience down.

KazPan 0 votes

@KazPan > That is already known and is an unavoidable loading time for the memory on initial load.

Pulse 0 votes

I do lots of skratch double tricks with hot cues on both decks on the fly. Sometimes it can't load fast enough in the other deck before the 8 beats. So while I'm manually loading, I have to use/press the original hot cue on the 8. That gives me another 8 beats to do my skratch doubles. If it just saved them instantly it would be perfect.

Ric Rush 0 votes