Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Sharing information from Rekordbox to Serato

Hey guys, I have been organizing my collection in rekordbox, and have recently decided to move to Serato, but I have a problem. When I organized my tracks in rekordbox I had all the information changed from inside rekordbox (artist name, key, bpm, album, etc). I installed Serato and I loaded my phone rekordbox folder (where all my rekordbox songs are at) into Serato and all my information is messed up and a lot of stuff is missing. Is there someway to make what ive changed in rekordbox change on the MP3 file itself? Or possibly bridge my rekordbox library to Serato? Or anything that will save me the trouble of having to reorganize everything?

Thanks

ArmanB89

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

I just did a test and it worked, I went into RB, added album info and artist info, went to serato, "rescanned id3 tags" and the info showed up. Try opening Serato, Click Library and then click rescan id3 tags, see if the info pops up

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Nor will there be.  You can easily take playlists from Serato and drag/drop them to Rekordbox, and only certain fields will update on the MP3s themselves whereas others are stored in the database and wouldn't refresh.

Pulse 0 votes

I tried the rescan thing, and no work. The problem is the information is not changed within the MP3 properties. It seems to only happen to my beatport downloaded songs. When I go into the mp3 properties everything is blank and nothing allows me to edit the fields within the MP3 properties.

ArmanB89 0 votes