Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

After a reinstall on my Mac

I had to reinstall everything on my mac, I took a backup of the rekordbox database.

I have thousands of songs, and a lot of them I had to adjust the beatgrid, after the reinstall on my mac I installed rekordbox, added the database I had backed up, and all my songs was there..... BUT.... I had to reanalyze everything and go through every song once again, and adjust the beatgrid where needed..

WHY??? What did I do wrong, I really dont want to do this again if I need to reinstall my mac... Isn't taking a database backup enough, is there more I must do??

Hope for a answer here..

Best Reguards

Dj Ceci

Dj Ceci

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

probably not, I would, to play it safe, copy the entire Pioneer folder and paste it to the new reinstall. It's located

/Users/username/Library/Pioneer

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I just confirmed and you are correct, just doing a "backup" from RB does not bring over the analyzation and beat info it looks like, so the best way is still to make a copy of the Pioneer folder in the above path

BriChi 0 votes

I'll talk to the engineers about this; there is a separate analysis file created for each track, it's stored in the "USBANLZ" folder under the Pioneer folder in your library.  Copying these would certainly retain the waveforms, but I'm not sure why that wasn't contained within the backup.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok... thanks for the answers... I will make sure to copy the whole Pioneer folder next time.. amd hope that all works then :)

Dj Ceci 0 votes