Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

XML-formatted playlists suport mixed OS's ? RB1.5

hi,

I guess when I export playlists to  XML-formatted I can now transport my Database from PC to Mac ?

-> "Reading from XML-formatted playlists is now supported.

DJ Meks

Please sign in to leave a comment.

11 comments

Should be, however I haven't had the chance to test it as it may still rely on paths which are different from Windows to OS X.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

uhu indeed , as soon as I have may mac book pro ill test it ;-)

would be nice and would spare me a lot of time :p

DJ Meks 0 votes

yeh, I dont get this either, been trying to test it but nothing is working our, I thought this would be as simple as "exports as xml" and then import, but nope, Not really sure how this xml playlist import thing is going to work, seems like we can still only export a playlist to text or export playlist info, but then how do we import on a fresh start of rb?

BriChi 0 votes

right, but nothing is working with it,

So I do,  file - export playlist info to xml, Now what? I try to import it to itunes, Serato and a new RB library and nothing happens, If I export and itunes library to XML, I cant import it to RB, so what exactly are we supposed to do to use this feature?

Have you tried it yet, it doesn't work right unless we are all missing something here

BriChi 0 votes

Yea BriChi same problem here .

We can export XML but we can't import XML @ record box ???

How do we do that ?

Puls did you have the chance this things out ?

DJ Meks 0 votes

Still no answer !!!!!!

Thanx a lot I am NOW busy adding 4000 track 1 by 1 to rekordbox on my mac.

Because rekordbox doesn't have a decent search function to update my missing tracks automatically

THANX A LOT FOR THE GREAT REKORDBOX PROGRAM pfff

DJ Meks 0 votes

I don't know if this can help, but in case it can, here's a link to some XML scripts for iTunes.  I've only used them for sharing "Smart Playlist" criteria with other people, but I imagine you might be able to use one of the other ones if you know what you're doing.  Hope it helps.

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/searchform.php

Warth 0 votes

Warth, I am looking more for a way to export RB's XML and import it into Serato, The point mainly of the thread was that you can export RB to an XML file but then you cannot do anything with it and no one from Pioneer seems to have an answer or even used it so to put that in the release notes is kind of a joke because the feature is useless. 

BriChi 0 votes

Right, got ya, I've wondered what the point of an XML playlist is, but I'm guessing it's basically just an open standard for playlists, the idea that most DVS or other software can take advantage of it.

So it's basically pointless in RekordBox?

AngusGibbins 0 votes