Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Recordbox NOT linking with my 13" Macbook Pro

Hi,

I have been trying to link my friends Macbook Pro and it is not working at all.

It is a 13" Macbook Pro

Apple iMac 2.4ghz Processor, Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB  1067 Mhz DDR3 Ram

10.6.7 Snow Leopard

I have done

Could some

Thanks,

Phillip

discoqueen

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

not sure what you have tried, looks like the forum cut some of your post out, by anyway, the basics to try:

1. disable airport

2. plug the cat5 directly from macbook to cdj as a test, it will take about 30 seconds ut eventually the link should show on the bottom left of rekordbox for you to click on

3. make sure he has no symantec type crap installed like antivirus or firewall protection, if so, disable it

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Odd that it cut most of message.

I have disabled airport, connected the cable directly and disabled the antivirus and firewall protection - still no joy.

I do tech support instore for our customers with Recordbox and this one is the first time I have been stumped.

I've not encountered many Mac's with a Core 2 Duo processor though.

Any other suggestions?

discoqueen 0 votes

i have a core2duo and it works perfect so it's not that

Did you open network preferences and make sure the ethernet info shows connected with a self assigned IP address, most likely a 169 one? could be an issue with his ethernet port if not

or issue with the ethernet port on his deck, if you connect them together do they link to one another? this will eliminate if one of the ports are busted on the cdj's

BriChi 0 votes

will try that matey.  I just handed back the Mac today - I didn't see any self assigned IP's in there.

Thanks

discoqueen 0 votes

no, the players are fine, i checked them against each other and 3 other players, another Mac and PC!  :)

discoqueen 0 votes

ok cool, As you obviously know, if the decks work with any other mac/pc and not his, we need to troubleshoot his mac, most likely it's a network issue revolving around the port, maybe it's damaged, disabled, bad cable, etc..... could be a number of things but I am sure he/you will get it. another thing likeyou said is the damn virus/firewall protection crap some mac users install, My neighbor had it on and caused more damage then good, i finally uninstalled it for him and it works great, unfortunately he may have to do that too, you really dont need it anyway, 8 years I have been a hardcore mac user and not once have I ever installed and symantec type protection, it's really not needed and as you see, it could cause issues

[quote]no, the players are fine, i checked them against each other and 3 other players, another Mac and PC!  :)[/quote]

ok cool, thats a good sign, :)

guess that method of quoting doesnt work on this forum, LOL

BriChi 0 votes

yeah, I checked cables - they were fine, I'm sus about his firewall or ethernet port.  I just had to put this thread out there to confirm any other potential issues.

I'll get it back from him next week.  I don't ever want to see a score of Mac =0, PC=1!

:)

discoqueen 0 votes

haha, dont blame ya, let us know how ya make out. 

worse case maybe try creating a new admin user account on his mac, log in as the new user and try that way, it'll be a fresh start of anything running that could be causing the issue on the first user

BriChi 0 votes

Ah, yes, I'll set up another user for him and see how we go.

discoqueen 0 votes