Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Rekordbox 1.5 FAIL 2 - exporting to Tag List

Win7 - fully updated.

I have just tried exporting 61  tracks to the tag list ..... Rekordbox just froze up ..... Win7 couldnt figure out problem so suggested I close RB.

Maybe a future update of windows will suggest I burn RB ?

DJBostonGreen

Post is closed for comments.

9 comments

If you'd  bothered to read the title, or even the post itself, you'd of seen I was exporting TO the taglist, i.e. from the collection.

DJBostonGreen 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yeah, thanks, I read it.  If you're going to be difficult, I can be too.

Pulse 0 votes

How am I being difficult?

LOL

What, I DARE to say I don't like the new forum layout, I DARE to speak up about the completely useless update (1,5) .....

And in your little universe thats being difficult ??

I'm not quite seeing how YOU'RE being difficult though, all i'm getting is childish replies to my posts, posts that are legitimately made addressing problems with not only the Rekordbox software but the CDJ's too.

I suspect its more of a case of you still having the hump after I showed up your lack of knowledge on sound levels and such some time ago.

Grow up.

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

In your reply, you insinuate that I hadn't read the original post.  I had.  There was no need to be rude with "If you'd bothered..."  If I had bothered, I "bothered" to read the whole thing.  I could have just ignored it, but I read it, because that's what I'm here to do - read and help.

1.5 is not completely useless, but I will admit that there are some problems and we're addressing them as quickly as they're reported.  I don't "have a hump" about the sound level issue - I even said in that thread that I was wrong as my info was based on old teachings which were out of date.  I don't carry grudges, I don't have time to, nor do I have room for it in my daily life.  If you want to, that's fine, but I'm willing to let by-gons be by-gons.  This is a new forum and I'm willing to start from scratch.  If you want to drag it back up, it's all on you.

Now that we've cleared the air...

The Tag List is not a playlist; we suggest you use playlists for exporting lists of tracks, hence my response that its intended use is not for exporting. If you had been tagging files on the players and then brought your drive back to Rekordbox, then you can import the tag lists, but exporting tag lists is not optimal.  Either way, I've reported this to the engineers.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey

I was at a club yesterday. I had for the first time prepared a whole set in the tag list in Rekordbox. When i put in my USB I could not see the tag list when I pressed the "Tag list" button on the CDJ's. Is it really true that this doesn't work?

Morten Winther 0 votes

tag lists are not meant for exporting, thats what playlists are for.

tag lists are for tagging on the fly on the player for songs you may want to play later

BriChi 0 votes