Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

External HD and CDJ2000 not show waveform.

After analize all my collection on my external HD, when i connect it on a CDJ 2000 via usb, waveform not show on display until file is played completly (all files are mp3). I'm not creating any playlist, only analyze all files. On Rekordbox, all analyzed files show the waveform. What am i doing wrong?

Diego Lirussi

Please sign in to leave a comment.

11 comments

You need to have the hd plugged into the pc and play over link,

Im assuming the database is on your pc and not being used,

you would need to export the tracks to another usb with all the pioneer analysis and content folders for the cdj to read it.

Nick Hilton 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Pionix

I have the same issue using link with Rekordbox 1.5 open on a Mac, playing with 2 CDJs 2000. My tracks are stored on an external HD plugged to the Mac.

Andrea Bergamasco 0 votes

@ DjDiego71, the reason for this is that RB stores all analyze data of your music files in a database on your PC/Mac. So when your external HD is afterwards connected to your CDJ's directly, the CDJ's don't have access to the RB analyze data.

As Pionix suggested, you should then use your PC/Mac and play over RB link, with the external HD connected to the PC. No idea why this gives problems for vjandrea...

I'm wondering if it would be possible within RB to use the same external HD as the source of the music files for RB link AND as a stand-alone external HD connected directly through the CDJ's...

DeAl 0 votes

Only if you re export the content to the hd but that will double the space used.

The cdjs look for the exported content in the "content" & "pioneer" folders

you are better off keeping the hd as the source for rbx and exporting to a couple of memory sticks :)

Nick Hilton 0 votes

It sounds to me like you haven't actually exported your music.  Simply importing and analysing your collection from the external drive doesn't give it any waveform or databasing.  Much like an iPod, you must export your library (or a selection of songs from it) to an external device (be it a new device or the same that hosts your collection).

Pulse 0 votes

you can make playlists of your content in rbx and play them over link tho from the HD

Thats what i do.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

@Pionix: in this way do you see the waveforms correctly?

Andrea Bergamasco 0 votes

@vjandrea > If by 'correctly' you mean they load up quickly, then yes.

Gavin 0 votes

i am having same problem, however with just a usb stick, and a playlist which has been exported from rekord box

drew demberg 0 votes

@Drew > Have you analysed all the tracks in rekordbox and then exported to the USB stick (which is formatted to FAT32)?

Gavin 0 votes