Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Found a Bug - Important!

Hi guys,

Basically I want to bring this bug to your attention as it is now making me scared to DJ with Rekordbox and CDJ2000s.

During my sets I will often have a beat running on CDJ1 and then a vocal on CDJ2. If I find that I want to loop a vocal on CDJ2 over the beat on CDJ1 rather than leave it running I will quickly I hit the 4-beat-loop and then immediately press the OUT button to set the bars, usually to 16.

Doing the above in immediate succession causes the bug that I have identified, which is happening the second I set the bars to 16 (happens with all bar selections). Rather than extend the loop to the selected length it is what can only be described as jamming, blasting out a horrible one tone sound – essentially it is messing up big time.

This is a real problem, as it is a bug that is unrecoverable, it does quite literally **** up a set.

I have had this happen now over 10 times and it is causing me massive problems.

My setup is 2 x CDJ 2000’s connected to Rekordbox via LINK.

Can you please look into this urgently.

Thanks

KazPan

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

Are you saying, by "horrible sound", that it's cutting to a 1-frame loop?

Another user had reported this error, but he was the only one that ever had it.

Have you updated to the latest firmware? 

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yeah tbh it is a 1 frame loop, like a tenth of a second or something... Basically a constant buzz. I have all the latest firmware and the latest version of Rekordbox. It's 100% a bug and not human error.

KazPan 0 votes

I had this kind of bug a couple of times using the OUT button. Couldn't reproduce it systematically though. Now I've learned to use quickly the OUT+needle strip combo to extend the loops - but I so to say never need shorter loops than 4 beats so cutting it to 2 beats isn't an issue for me.

Worth investigating again!

julienx2k2 0 votes

Yeah, you're only the 2nd user to report this error.   Here's the link to the first; archived.  As I don't recall hearing back from MC1 as to whether or not re-flashing the firmware solved the issue, I'm not sure if it will work.  Do you want to give that a whirl?  I can email you with instructions on performing that flash. 

Pulse 0 votes

Right, I just managed to catch it on happening on video... I did 4 attempts and it happened on the 4th. However, this time the glitch seems to have taken hold the second I pressed the 4 beat loop button this time, whereas other times It has mainly happened once I pressed OUT and set the number of bars.

Im just uploading it to youtube and then ill post the link.

RE Pulse, the thing is though... whats the chance of it being on both of my CDJs as I can replicate it on both units. I mean im more than willing to give it a go but I have a feeling this may be one of those bugs that people don't realise is a bug, rather their fault as I certainly did the first few times it happened.

Anyway ill get back to you in a second.

KazPan 0 votes

I do the same thing (with the vocals at the second cdj2000) all the time, but never had that error. Maybe corupt mp3 or library? Maybe u hit to fast the loop button ? Or even defected loop button and when you hit it once, works like you hit it 10 times or something..?

Anastasio 0 votes

@KazPan > Just because there's no reply doesn't mean we're not looking into it.

Pulse 0 votes

It's happened to me before. Only once, not during a set thank goodness, just practicing.

Ric Rush 0 votes

Happened to me again yesterday, keeps making me really angry lol Was recording a really good set and then halfway through this happened and basically ruined the whole thing.

KazPan 0 votes

Now you have lost the trust in your players loop performance, hindering you from expressing your full potential in a set. I feel your anguish mate. I hope it can be resolved.

Ric Rush 0 votes

Yep happened to me as well a few days ago.. I also noticed sometimes when you want to set a manual loop you can't adjust the in and outs points.. arghh

Benno Revelli 0 votes

Can I encourage anyone else who has experienced this to post. I really want Pioneer to make this a top priority bug to fix and im sure this is much more widespread than they realise.

KazPan 0 votes

No need, already being worked on by the engineers for a future update.

Pulse 0 votes

I opened a thread posting about almost the same problem, didn't know about this one.

The difference is in the way i achieve it:

Test

Load a track (from a cd or usb flash drive)

1 - hit play

2 - create a loop using IN/OUT buttons

3 - cut the loop once using the loop cutter button

4 - hit play/pause button

5 - hit CUE button

6 - hit play/pause button

7 - now try to create a loop using the IN/OUT buttons (doesn't matter the length) - THE RESULT WILL ALWAYS BE A VERY SHORT LOOP, probably a 1 frame loop.

It happens every single time i use this combination. I first experienced it more than 1 year ago, i've posted about it ever since. I was told the engineers are working to fix it , no result yet.

@ Pulse

Your first answer  was:

"Thanks Marian, it's a known issue which does not occur every time, the engineers are working to address it for a future update."

I would like to know if u run the test, if u followed all the steps above and if the issue occurs every time. If it doen't means my cd players have a different issue .

The issue occurs every time on my both cd players.

I am now using fw 4.04

@ everybody reading this, please run that test and post about it

thanks

Marian Eugen 0 votes

I will give that a go tomorrow. I know what you mean though regarding the fact that yet the 'engineers' may be working on it, but they can be working on it as a low priority meaning it could take months. As far as im concerned im going to keep making a noise about the loop until they release an emergency fix as it is really very unacceptable. I can understand bugs in Rekordbox not being the biggest thing in the world but a bug like this on the actual CDJs  is massive as far as I am concerned. Its like buying a new car and then being told that the power steering may cut off due to a software issue, but don't worry our engineers are working on it - Well they may be working on it but in the mean time im not going to want to drive the dam thing because it could cause a car crash.

KazPan 0 votes

Yep the steps still show the same problem.. just tested it.

Benno Revelli 0 votes