Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Colour Scheme

Just wondering if any of you actually use the colour feature of RekordBox, and if so what for? I haven't really found a use for it yet myself.

T-Top

Post is closed for comments.

16 comments

People use the colours for all sorts of things,

It just adds a marker to identify maybe genres / styles / hot tracks / last 6 months releases and gives you a glance of what you have in front of you,

you can be as creative as you want and just add any descriptor you feel will be helpful ..

Nick Hilton 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Same here, I it's the one field I haven't found a proper use for.

Along with the Tag list they're probably the only features I never use.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

I just tested that feature, not bad idea, but in the cdj's, the color is displayed only at the rating in the mp3..

Anastasio 0 votes

I use the colors to represent the energy level of my tracks.  For example, Purple and Blue are for downtempo and deep house tracks that belog at the early parts of the night, and then I progress upward through the colors to Red, which is for Blow-Up tracks for peak-time.  This method helps me play the right mood for the right time in the night, since I can easily see the energy level by the colors.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

I tryed to do the same thing but the color should be changed at the hole title i thing and not just at the rating..

Anastasio 0 votes

Yes, that would be helpful....  being able to see the color selection without scrolling to that field in the tags.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

I believe that was already suggested once, but I'll pass it along again.

Pulse 0 votes

@Fuse Promote: That's a great suggestion! I might have a play around and see if I can get my own system up and running.  I guess what would be handy too is if you could assign multiple colours to tracks, kind've like categories (melodic, dramatic, euphoric, chuggy, driving etc)

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Fuse Promote that is genius and I am going to copy that technique, thank you!

T-Top 0 votes

Angus, you could put those words in your notes field.... or in the genre.   Frankly, I find the genre field to be among the most useless for me.  If I had to pick a single genre to describe what I play, it would be progressive..... but to me the whole prog genre has sort of bled together with house and techno to a point where it's hard to categorize it anymore.  I never look at the genre field anymore, even though I still fill it out with tags.  So the genre field could be a place to write in descriptive terms like "melodic", as you suggest.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

I use it to signify if it is a track I'd play early on in a set - as a building track in the middle of a set - or a higher energy, peak time track... also tripped out tracks for afterhours type music. Gives me a cue as to what is proper for the mood I'm trying to set.

RyanTV 0 votes

Anyone else looked into this a bit more? So far I've got purple for opening set material (I've called it Deep).

AngusGibbins 0 votes

can you guys help me how can i add colour for track?!!! cant find any help!!! thanks!!!

color should be changed at the hole title brill idea!!!!!!!!

Djtalllo 0 votes

Click on Info pane, it's the bottom right hand corner field.

AngusGibbins 0 votes