Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Rekordbox crashing when exporting large playlist folder

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6

2) OS Type: 64bit (I guess)

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.0

4) Using LINK: No

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: FAT32

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: No

5c) With what utility did you format the device: OSX

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: crash log

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

Provide as much detail of the issue here:

After almost a year without any problems with Rekordbox it is suddenly acting up on me. I recently re-organized my playlists and am now working with two main folders containing a rather high number of sub folders and lists (one for each key). All imported from Itunes via bridge. Almost every time I try to export the main folders to either of my USB-devices (2 identical) Rekordbox crashes instantly. Curiously enough the main folder containing the most amounts of tracks can sometimes, say once every five tries, be exported but the smaller one never. The only way to export the playlists is to do it one by one, a rather tiresome and time consuming process. I'm using the same USB-devices as before that have never given me any problems, and have made no changes to the system. "Repair permissions" have not solved the problem. Anyone had a similar problems with large folder / playlists combinations and if then, a solution?

The Henrik Maneuver

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

@THM > I would say that because you're bridging from iTunes, the problem could be related to a protected AAC file or possibly a missing file?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanx for fast reply Pulse. Just checked that all files are there and removed all (5) AAC files, but I still get the same result, Rekordbox crashes instantly when I try to export the main playlist folder.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes

I use 99% WAV, the few MP3's I've checked with "MP3 Scan + Repair". I'm suspecting something else here, I think there's an Itunes problem with the names of my folders. Since I have two main folders with subfolders named after key there's 24 folders with the same names but in different locations. Itunes are not showing them properly when, for example, selecting them for a new smart playlist. Will rename all duplicates and get back with the result, I'm still confused since I can transfer all folders and playlists one by one manually but when I try to take the whole lot at the same time it's instant crash...

Renaming the folders may have helped a bit or was just one part of the problem. I can now export larger chunks of playlists at the same time but not, as I want to, do it all at once and do something else in the meantime. Strange behavior from both Itunes and Rekordbox...

I'm having the same problem. If I try to drag a file from anywhere onto a playlist on the USB Drive, Rekordbox crashes instantly. I can move files into the All Tracks directory without a problem, but if I try to put anything into a playlist, it all goes to hell.

Jeremy Amendola 0 votes

My problem was solved over a year ago with a Rekordbox update, can't remember what version, and it has not re-surfaced since.