Had exactly the same issue myself yesterday. Did you ever find a solution?
Rekordbox Crashing When External Hard Drive Plugged In
0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!
1) Operating System: XP
2) OS Type: 32 bit
3) Rekordbox version: 1.5, 1.4.1 (Same issue with both)
4) Using LINK: Yes
** 4a) LINK Connection method*: Linksys LAN Switch
* 4b) Using with CDJs*: Yes - 2 x CDJ2000
**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: WD 2TB USB External Hard Drive
* 5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: Yes
* 5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: No
* 5c) With what utility did you format the device*: Unknown
**6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes
**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes
**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes
* 8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: Crash Log
* 8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*:
**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
* 9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes
**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only:
**Provide as much detail of the issue here*:
I am posting again due to ZERO feedback on my last topic. Still having the same issues with my external hard drive. When it is plugged in to my computer I can't launch rekordbox without it crashing. If I unplug the drive and launch rekordbox, it starts up but as soon as I plug the drive in it crashes. The hard drive has no issues, works fine connected directly to the cdjs. Performed a disk scan and found no errors, performed a virus scan and found no infections, and scanned and fixed EVERY song on the drive with mp3val. As stated before, when I remove the EXPORT.PDB file from the "pioneer\rekordbox" folder on the drive, rekordbox will start no problem but none of my music is shown. I have tried every fix recommended in the forums, all to no avail. The drive has worked fine for over a year, never had an issue before, just started happening out of nowhere. Please, please, PLEASE help!
Please sign in to leave a comment.
@hahner > I emailed you with the account you used to register here on the forums -- did you not get my message?