Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

ProDJ Link won't load tracks to CDJ...

Last night this problem bombed on me at about 10:10pm. Had to play a mix CD for an hour to let Rekordbox transfer files to a usb.... Anyway, the problem is, when I try to load a track to deck 2, either dragging it onto the deck or with a keyboard shortcut, the deck 2 icon blinks 2 or 3 times, and nothing loads. But it loads to deck 1 with no problems. Crazy thing is, Rekordbox recognizes the deck, just does load a track to it. I've been using this system with no problems with all software / firmware updates until last night...

What should I do? 

djchuckc

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

@Chuckc > Are your decks on the latest firmware? What is you setup (DJM2000 / network switch etc) ?

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yes. 4.04 on the decks, 1.5.0 Rekordbox. Using MacBook Pro snow leopard, and dynex hub. I tested it now and got it working. It still lags while a track is loaded. My other deck loads instantly. Checked another computer with rekordbox, switch eithernet cables, used different ports on the hub and still same problem. I'm thinking the problem is in the CDJ..

djchuckc 0 votes

Is there anyway to reinstall the 4.04 firmware? I tried but got the "latest firmware updated successfully" message.

djchuckc 0 votes

Couple of tests you can try:

1. What happens if you save a bunch of tracks to a USB drive, plug it into either of your CDJs, and link the other CDJ from that way?

2. Repeat the process with the USB drive in the other CDJ.

3. Does it still occur if you unplug the working CDJ from the hub and leave the problematic CDJ connected in?

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, this seems to be the only hub I could find on the Dynex website: http://www.dynexproducts.com/products/computers/DX-EHB4.html

If this is the one you've got I'd strongly recommend going and buying a cheap 10/100 hub, RekordBox tends to generate a lot of network traffic so it's possible and wouldn't surprise me at all if it's more traffic than your hub could handle.  Test number 3 in my post above should be able to tell you whether or not you can eliminate the hub as a potential cause.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Yes sorry for the late reply. The problem occurred on Friday at the gig, then worked like normal on Saturday and Sunday's gig. The late reply is cuz it was a crazy weekend! Ha! Although I haven't been able to test all of steps, from what I've seen working so far is step 1 but through the dynex LAN hub.. Which is a 10/100. I had the rekordbox'd USB drive in problem deck 2 and deck 1 was reading the tracks fine. After I tried to reinstall firmware 4.04 unsuccessfully on deck 2, it's been working like normal. On CDJ-2000s...

djchuckc 0 votes