Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

59 followers Follow

Suggestions for Rekordbox updates?

Couldn't find this anywhere, so thought I might do one after I have been using Rekordbox for a while....

First of all: LOVE the program, but as many other (new) programs it has potential to be better....

1) Sync with folders on your harddrive. Automatically search for new files at startup.

2) "key" feature - finds the key of the tracks.

3) editi/cut in audio tracks... a litlle audio editor would be awesome!!!

if there is a thread for this I apologize.... 

Casper Østergaard

Post is closed for comments.

323 comments

is there a way to give rate the tracks out of 5 like in iTunes ? I only have the phone app so appologies if it's already on the main app or I've not found it yet. But being able to rate tracks (and then being able to sort/filter them) is very handy if you've got thousands of tracks at a top 40 night and needing to pick out a batch on the fly from comps etc

Also mentioned this elsewhere but being able to use the cue points on the XDJ Aero would be a MASSIVE help.

Jane Dalton 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Jane > You can rate tracks out of 5 stars within the rekordbox program.

Pulse 0 votes

But you can't Edit Track Info whilst LINKED can you Pulse...

MUSICHAOS 0 votes

@Pulse. RB does not update the ID3 with the rating like other programs can (Helium for one), so starts a duplication of data. Whilst I want RB to be the end point for the data collection, it is important to update data in the ID3 should we need to rebuild the database or use elsewhere.

Any news on fixing this one?

Karl P 0 votes

It would be great if you could change the info for more then one track at a time ie a selection of track changing the genre

WestCoastFurth 0 votes

@WestCoastFurth Yes, I know what you mean! I was hoping for that feature as well!!

For example: Make a selection of say 100 tracks and set the genre for all of those tracks at once. 

Perhaps look a TagScanner (Freeware windows program) and look at the functionality of that program.

kevenlefonque 0 votes

@kevenlefonque: RB has had this functionality for some time now. Select any number of tracks, click info to open a second window, update any of the available fields, click on the refresh arrow icon, and RB will batch update all selected tracks at once.

kooba 0 votes

Hello,

i would also like a syncing function in rekorbox, where the collection is synced to the collection of the usb device. If you have files on the usb device and you make changes (i.e. Beatgrid, Cues, ID-Tags) on some files in the collection on the computer, i have to copy all files again on my usb device. A syncing function would useful, i think.

Second, in my opinion it would useful, to style the collection with a folder structure or to let the user decide per preferences, how the collection looks like; all files or folder structure.

Third, an import function for a "music folder" on start up, or an import function from other dj programs, incl cues and/or grid or selectable other information over bridges.. That you can choose which datafield in the importfile expects a datafield in rekordbox.

regards :)

DJ Wile C 0 votes

Bit of a long shot, but I'd like to see a kind of virtual dj CDJ setup on rekordbox. I live away from home mon to fri and miss my dex :(

Matt Cooper 0 votes

Also...when will there be a way to transfer everything from one pc to a mac? May pc laptop is on its last legs and need a way of doing it ASAP before I lose all my folders, cue points and loop points

Note: all my data is on an external HDD

Matt Cooper 0 votes

I must agree with those who have requested that the Rekordbox database file be ditched for a system which uses separate analysis files, like Ableton Live .ASD files.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Hi,

Possible update with button "jump" 8 - 16 or 32 beats ? Its a nice way to place Cues

Davmix 0 votes

Dear all,

I have an issue with the last updates for REKORBOX.

the reload ID tag do not work any more. I use iTunes as the main library and analyse mp3 files thru "mixed in Key". 

till the last updates everyhitng was going well. do you have any idea or suggestions, please ? at least is it possible to come back the 1.6.2 version

fred 

fred 0 votes

@WestCoastFurth > It is possible to edit multiple tracks at a time. Highlight the ones you want to edit, then click the arrow to the right of the [INFO] tab in rekordbox - see the image attached:

Gavin 0 votes

Please make the "orange" color dots orange instead of deeper yellow they are now. It's hard to quickly distinguish them from yellow.

kooba 0 votes

wish for Rekordbox(if this hasnt been requested!)

put up 2 track in the window like itch. soo you can see both  tracks playing when you have the cdj connect to the computer

filemon 0 votes

Why are people trying to get RB to look/perform like SL or Traktor?

kooba 0 votes

put up 2 track in the window like itch. soo you can see both  tracks playing when you have the cdj connect to the computer

it was not designed nor will it be designed to be a dvs as far as the mods have mentioned here*,

Nick Hilton 0 votes

Hey

What I'd like to have rekordbox show me is, if I go into my collection, you can see artist, key, bpm, date,...

what you cant see though is which playlist(s) the track is in, could you guys put that in the next update: a sorting category inside the collection tab that displays which playlist(s) this track is in.

Greetings from a HUUUUGE fan of rekordbox and the 850's!!

Max

Maxim Van de Sompele 0 votes

I've run into a bug that can maybe be fixed in the next release:

When you overwrite a file or your harddisk and this file has a different bitrate, rekordbox won't update the bitrate when you re-analyze the track.

For example.

I've got Artist 123 - Track 321.mp3 with a bitrate of 192KBps, and this one was imported to Rekordbox

Now I've found a better quality track, so I replace the files with Artist 123 - Track 321.mp3 but now with 320 quality.

If I then re-analyse the track with Rekordbox, The file works, but the bitrate property is not updated.

The only way now to do it, is delete the track from rekordbox and then re-add it. But if you're updating a large collection, that's pretty time-consuming.

So my suggested update: When re-analysing a track, also update bitrate information

kevenlefonque 0 votes

Wow, 322 comments later... Please use the link on the right hand side of the page to send your suggestions.

Gavin 0 votes