Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

59 followers Follow

Suggestions for Rekordbox updates?

Couldn't find this anywhere, so thought I might do one after I have been using Rekordbox for a while....

First of all: LOVE the program, but as many other (new) programs it has potential to be better....

1) Sync with folders on your harddrive. Automatically search for new files at startup.

2) "key" feature - finds the key of the tracks.

3) editi/cut in audio tracks... a litlle audio editor would be awesome!!!

if there is a thread for this I apologize.... 

Casper Østergaard

Post is closed for comments.

323 comments

Scribbler/Tycho/Bren Mac - You know you guys can retain your existing library and playlist when migrating to a new computer right?

AngusGibbins 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

It's absolutely ridiculous that pioneer have not patched the osx airport problem with rekordbox

anaru 0 votes

rekordbox cant connect to the cdj/djm while airport is turned on. This has been brought up a while ago and acknowledged, so it's astounding it still hasn't been patched.

anaru 0 votes

this kills me too because there are times I like to jump online to grab a song if I don't have it and I can't because I am afraid of RB disconnecting when I do this. I wish they would put out a fix for this already

BriChi 0 votes

yep i have the airport problem to,but only becomes issue for me when i want to buy a track whilst in the mix.so i have learnt to live with it, but would great if was fixed none the less.

Stripped Back 0 votes

Please take of the AIFF- Import problem from Beaport AIFF files to Recordbox. The tag and artwork are not imported from Beatport AIFF files into Recordbox version 1.5.1. Of course there is a workaround via iTunes, but I hope you'll be able to fix this.

Kai Good 0 votes

Strange. I don't have the same problem with airport as you guys, I had similar issues when I used to use a Huwei modem before my DSL was hooked up, but since then it's been fine on a 2008 and 2011 MBP, both with 10.6 and 10.7.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Yeah angus, i had it happen once and that was enough to scare me, I was mixing home just playing around, Had it disconnect a session, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect, and finally once i killed airport, it stayed connected. There should be a way for RB to make sure it only communicates via ethernet port and not through wireless. I am sure no one in their right mind is performing live via a wireless connection to their music collection

BriChi 0 votes

It would be nice to have a Playlist Sync between both iTunes <-> Rekordbox as well as SYNC with Rekordbox <->USB Drives. That way if I add new songs to my playlists sorted by Key (Using Mixed In Key) I can just sync it with rekordbox then sync rekordbox with my USB drives so that it just adds the songs missing from playlists on the drive itself. Please guys this would be great! Especially Rekordbox <-> USB!!!!

Marco F 0 votes

It would be nice to see......recordbox normalizing all music to be played at one sound level. This would eliminate volume changes on every song :-)

Super Lou 0 votes

"Sync with folders on your harddrive. Automatically search for new files at startup."

To me this is crucial...

Snowmonkey 0 votes

Super Lou, you can run your library folder through MP3 gain. It allows you to level the volume without recoding the mp3s...so no permanent changes.

Snowmonkey 0 votes

keep in mind it does modify the file so i would backup your library to be safe, Who knows how RB will react to mp3gain modified files

BriChi 0 votes

@ PULSE>>> It would be really nice if y'all could add an option to RB that warns you when you are adding a dupplicate song to a playlist on my devise ( ex: my sd card )

OscarB 0 votes

@OscarB > You mean like the warning message I get when I add a duplicate file to a playlist?  (See attached, below.)

Pulse 0 votes

@PULSE >>> that box only appears when you drag a song directly from RB's collection or RB's playlist to device's playlist. but if I drag a song directly from my comp files to my device's playlist. it adds the duplicate without warning. ( also if i drag the file from my computer and add it to a playlist or collection on RB (not the devise) it adds it w/o warning)    :(((

the way i manage my mzk is: every time i download track from internet. i drag the file it self and drop it directly to my device (SD card) on RB witch this also adds the file to my collection in RB and analyzes it.

I just bought a pair of CDJ 200 n DJM 900: I used to add all my songs to my device by bridging iTunes trough RB since i have all my mzk organize on iTunes but about a week after using RB it stopped updating my iTunes library.      ex: i go to iTunes right now, create a new playlist, then go to RB bridge an the new playlist in iTunes won't show up in RB bridge (very frustrating...)

Help!!!!

Thx for your time!!!

OscarB 0 votes

@OscarB > We don't suggest adding files to devices directly without going through the process of importing them to your collection first.  If you dump a file directly to a device it doesn't surprise me you're getting duplicates.  Either way, you still only wind up with one file on the device.

As for the iTunes bridge, have you tried pressing the refresh button beside the iTunes library within Rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes

Hello Rekordboxers,

As I get into the Rekordbox thing, I tried to add loops to some of my tracks.

So when you want to loop something, you have to call the memory. Too bad it has to stop the music so it can loop.

Imagine this.. Im playing a track and i want it to loop in the midle as I play the track. It is somewhat akward that Pioneer hasnt realized this before, but its not functional if you have to stop the track for it to loop in the desired memory.

I see this more or less like in Ableton Live, when you program loops, and has the track is being played it just loops were you told it to loop without having to stop.

Please consider this as it will boost interest from Traktor and Live users.

Best regards,

André

André 0 votes

@Andre > If you load those memory points to hot cues, they can be played immediately when you trigger the hot cue.  Unfortunately the player currently has to buffer those memory points when they're called, thus not allowing seamless playback.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse: Got it! Still with the hot cues you have to be very "tempo accurate" so it doesnt sound bad.

Will it be possible to add this feature on the next firmware update/ software update? Do you understand what I mean with boosting interest from Tktr and Live users?

Best regards,

André

André 0 votes

@Andre > Sorry, no timeline on the update, but I understand what you mean - it's just a matter of integrating it to work the same way with the hardware!  :)

Pulse 0 votes

And I'm still pushing for "Edit Comments field while LINKED" :)

MUSICHAOS 0 votes

Will there be any Video updates in the future, the ability to play and mix Music Videos? Load the Video files into rekordbox, use the video out on the computer and mix them using the controls on the CDJ-850/900/2000. That would really blow the doors off Scratch Live!!! 

Michael Ioia 0 votes

I would love to see Rekordbox automatically load the hot cues so that you don't get that annoying delay the first time you press them. It means that you have to load a track, press A,B,C so that the cues load and then get into the mix... Why?

KazPan 0 votes

that would be more of a CDJ suggestion, RB cannot control what auto loads into the hot starts ABC. I do agree with you 100% though, It is such a PAIN IN THE ASS to have to load my hot starts on every track I load. I actually have a couple of guys that won't use the decks alone because of this, they jump in and out of tracks and hot starts quick so they just keep using sera to since it does auto load the cue points

BriChi 0 votes

Hi

Ok, so these are my sugestions:

First, the allready talked problem of the loops in memory not playing when playback gets to the loop beggining. i think you need to change this, cause other way its no good having 10 loops in memory if you choose one of them and the track stops.

My suggestion would be something like creating a new screen on the down bottom of the LCD, where you could select if you wanted for example loop in memory slot 3 to be ON and play like a loop when playback gets there. So something like pressing Memory and then 10 slots would appear on the bottom of the LCD with on and off.  This ofcourse would require cdj firmware update, but is it doable?

Now, the also allready talked auto detect key. This feature would also be very good. Import a track, analyze and automatically assign the key of the track into track info, using the normal keys letters ( Dm for example ) or the Camelot Wheel numbers and letters ( but i think that in this case you would have to pay to Mixed in Key :/ )

Auto Call the HOT CUES of each track would also be an interesting feature.

On the Collection Pane being able to see to which playlists the tracks are assigned to. I have looked and i think this option is missing. I have just put 257 tracks into several playlists, and on the playlists i have 256 ( i forgot one ). That feature would save a lot of time, instead of assigning them all to the playlists again.

Today while testing again Rekordbox connect via pro dj link with lan cable to a CDJ i found out that you cant use Adjust Beat Grid, even to a track that is not playing. Why This?? I think its awkward, if you can add hot cues, cues & loops into the memory of the track that is playing ( which by the way is a fantastic feature ) why not be able to adjust beat grid of tracks not playing?? You may want to play a track and realize that the grid is not right and give it a small adjustment.

Finally...for me this 1.5.1 version has been 100% stable so far, using usb sticks or Pro Dj Link.

TheSqueezer 0 votes