Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

20 followers Follow

Looking forward to Version 1.6 . . .

and hopefully adding "Edit Comments Field Whilst Linked" feature that I've been pursuing for near on 2 years now?!

MUSICHAOS

Post is closed for comments.

62 comments

look, I agree that a lot of programs are doing things for the dj's that are killing the skill behind all this, But keep in mind that most programs to things like normalizing, auto gain, volume match etc...... so don't say that normalizing tracks is doing SO MUCH for the dj, Its just a benefit if you jump in and out of track quickly to not always have to be all over the gain before the mix

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

You can't normalize a lossy audio file without significantly degrading the audio quality of the file.

For it to work in RekordBox it'd have to work similarly to the EQ feature in iTunes (where you can set a seperate EQ preset on each track and it automatically recalls that preset on your iPod/iPhone)

AngusGibbins 0 votes

So In other words RekordBox/CDJ would have to boost the track on the fly (and recall the 'boost' setting) without re-encoding it

AngusGibbins 0 votes

thats pretty much seratos way too, its not re-encoding, just analyzing and then raising or lowering the track volume upon load

BriChi 0 votes

There are two ways for normalizing the volume in a mp3 track. Replay Gain adds meta information that allows the device playing back the song to adjust the volume. This requires support in the device playing back the file. Not sure, but I don't believe the Pioneer hardware supports this.

The other method is adjusting the mp3 file, this is how Mp3Gain does it. An mp3 file describes how the audio should sound like through small chunks in time. All these chunks contain also information on how loud they should be played back. Mp3Gain adjusts this value for all chunks in the same way, resulting in an overall raise or lower volume. This can changes endless of times without affecting the sound quality.

I'm still searching for the technical details, can't find them at the moment.

House Container 0 votes

Cheers for the link, will have a read when I get some time, I just assumed MP3Gain re-rendered out the mp3 file.

AngusGibbins 0 votes

Hope also the Update comes nearly with synch than now is horrible for use thanx Pioneer
What software can be the same thing?

markoerregger 0 votes

Please add ability to use the Tab button to advance through the info tag fields.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

So it's November and please add in next update:

EDIT COMMENT FIELD IN LINK MODE. 

MUSICHAOS 0 votes

Updates will come when they're available... you, as well as others, should know there's no need to badger.  :p

Pulse 0 votes

I would really like to see the option to sync, or otherwise, to put 2 or more playlists on your device at once.

Also the speed is sooo bad... 

Tim le Saule 0 votes

And perhaps the possibility to add folders to 2 device at once, like copy paste in your operating system!

For example, I use a USB-stick for earlier and 1 for later on the night. I'd like to export both playlists at the same time...

Tim le Saule 0 votes

@Tim > We're working on it.

Please understand that important updates for stability purposes etc are first on the list to be worked on. Extra features come down the line.

Gavin 0 votes

Need The Update for the MAC SX Lion URGENT LOTS OF IMCOMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS.

Juan Carlos Paris B. 0 votes

There aren't any compatibility problems with Lion and Rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes

Less crashing.

More user friendly - The window side by side option is the daftest way to arrange or try and view things I've ever seen. It's so confusing! The whole interface needs to be smoother. 

The decks are great. The software needs a lot of work. 

Look forward to the updates. It can only get better!

Richie Barthez 0 votes

Those updates take a long looooooooong time ;) Hopefully they will release a great new RB version with lots of bugfixes, enhancements and improvements soon!! I am getting so tired of the instability and crashes/hickups.. please we need an update FAST

I will AGAIN share the current bugs I found:

*- Reloading MP3 tags larger then 100/200 at the time --> Instant Rekordbox Crash

- Importing Tracks larger then 2000 > (dragging via windows explorer) --> Rekordbox Crash

- AIF Support still sucks

Overall it's still not reliable and very unstable for live performance..

Please make RB more stable and reliable. 

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

@Firmwar3 > Improved AIFF support is coming for sure.

If you're having crashing problems, please start another thread and I'll help you out.

Pulse 0 votes

"Insert apathetic comment about xmas has come and gone and still no RB update"

MUSICHAOS 0 votes

hello pulse,i had a problem when i was working live,i connect my laptop to rekordbox and cdj2000,but before starting playing i was working with the windows media player that is not working normal on my laptop,so when i finished with media player it seems it still working and its process didnt stopped,so when i drag a song to a player it took a long time to start,after that the song that were playing stopped,i did a restart for my laptop to resume this problem,and now everything is normal,i just want to tell you about this problem,thanks.

DJ FADY 0 votes