Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Going from pure USB disk, to rekordbox'ed USB disk

Hi guys

Ive been using the CDJ-2000 for quite awhile now, but when i started i didnt use Rekordbox to setup my harddrive with, i just added the files to the disk, and arranged in folders and so on.

But now that my collection has gotten quite big on my drive, i really miss some of the features that rekordbox got, like searching, playlist and so on.

Ive got alot of cues, hotcues, and ofcourse analyzed tracks, that the CDJ's have made. But if i boot up rekordbox it wont show any files on the disk.

And i guess thats because i didnt add them trough record box.

My question is then, can i somehow get all the cues and hotcues with me somehow when i add all the music trough rekordbox now?

Or somehow not loose all my cues?

Christian Bekker

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Problem is, that my USB Disk that ive used for long time now, without using rekordbox to add song and so on.

Got all my cues and stuff on it, but when i connect the disk to rekordbox, it doesnt recognize anything on it. it just seems empty..`?

And if i add one of the songs through RB, (dragging from usb drive to "collection" on the usb drive), it add's it just fine. but with no cues or anything...

Christian Bekker 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Christian > Unfortunately, any of the memory points you've created will not be imported to Rekordbox.  That information is stored independently of the Rekordbox data and because of the location of the source files, it can't translate to audio files within Rekordbox / imported by Rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes

Ohh too bad :/ I guess I've got some prepwork before next weekend then :-)

Christian Bekker 0 votes