Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

BEATPORT AIFF METADATA SUPPORT! PLEASE!

BEATPORT: Now offering AIFF lossless audio format, metadata and cover art all in one file

Posted on  September 21, 2011

BEATPORT is now offering AIFF lossless audio format!

Beatport describes it this way:

What is AIFF?

AIFF stands for  Audio Interchange File Format. Basically, an AIFF file has all the convenience of an  MP3, containing metadata and cover art, with the audio quality of an uncompressed “lossless” format like  WAV.

In fact, AIFF is the same uncompressed, lossless, PCM ( Pulse Code Modulation) format as a WAV, but includes support for data “chunks” such as  ID3 metadata and cover art. There are several data chunks supported by AIFF and Beatport is providing all available metadata as ID3v2.4 tags which can be read by most popular software applications.”

Just tried a few downloads and the metadata does NOT work in Rekordbox.

jamboe

Post is closed for comments.

6 comments

Um.... All my tracks recently have been .AIFF format ever since i had beattagger to exchange Wav beatport files to .aiff. 

I have no issues on Rekordbox using .aiff format files from beatport specifically.

i use the lateast RB version with the Latest CDJ firmewares. 

SpeakerHandz 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

The data beatport is supplying is: 

• Cover Art 
  • Artist 
  • Remixer 
  • Track Name (Mix Name) 
  • Label* 
  • Release Year 
  • Genre 
  • BPM 
  • Key 
  • Track Order (Sequence)

As of right now, none of these transfer into Rekordbox on import.

They all transfer into iTunes  (except key, cause there's no key column)

Only the title and artist transfer over when using "Bridge" in Rekordbox.

I'm not saying the AIFF file don't work.  They're fine, but all of this tagging can be done by Rekorbox for sure, and** I wouldn't even have to input key anymore.**

Import. Done. Everything there.   No more hours spent tagging and writing in information. PLEASE!

jamboe 0 votes

Color and comments is all I would have to do.  Just imagine, I could actually start spinning 15 minutes after I downloaded my tracks!  omg heaven.

jamboe 0 votes

<sigh> Do we really need 15 threads covering the same thing?  It's coming!  V1.6 will have AIFF support.

Pulse 0 votes