Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

CDJ's not saving cues?

Okay..

I posted earlyer this week about going from Pure HDD to a HDD setup trough RB...

And found out that i had to remake all my cues and so on..

So now i finally got my tracks on the disk trough RB, analyzed and so on.

And used it this weekend on 2 gigs.. worked beautifully, and loved that i could now search my music... BUT...

All the cues and hot cues, i made Friday, didnt show up saturday... so it seems it dont save my cues? what am i missing?

Christian Bekker

Please sign in to leave a comment.

31 comments

@Christian > Did you press the MEMORY button to store the memory point(s)?  Simply creating a main cuepoint will not store it to the file / system.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yeah, made alot throughout the night...

and saved them with memory button like i always did before i started using rekordbox.

And i could recall them just fine the whole night.. but next night, there was none...

Christian Bekker 0 votes

When you press the MEMORY button, you should see the USB icon flash on the screen with MEMORY, indicating that it was saved to the USB for that track. The only reason I could see them not being stored would be if the drive were write-protected.

Pulse 0 votes

Strange... cause if i use the harddrive like a normal disk, trough the folder browsing insted of the rekordboxed way, it saves just fine.
Ill take another look next weekend at get back...

Christian Bekker 0 votes

Same here, If i make a cue point on the cdj2000 and press memory, it will save.

But when I switch of the cdj's and use it the next time its gone?

Is it possible that when i'm using rekordbox to update my new  songs 

the cue points I made on the cdj's will be lost?

michel 0 votes

@Michel > Rekordbox should only overwrite the data on the hard drive if you update, or re-import your tracks. Although you can check to if your cue points are saving properly by performing the save as Pulse stated, then by connecting your hard drive to Rekordbox, and locating the track on the drive to see if it has been updated.

Foster 0 votes

I still got the problem with it not saving propperly.

But it seems that sometimes it do save it... cant really figure out a patteren here...

So im thinking im gonna re format my disk and do a fresh start.

Christian Bekker 0 votes

Okay I've checked it, and when making a sue on the cdj and pressing memory it wil be saved.

But when i'm going back to my computer and look at the usb stick, the sue I've made is nowhere to be found.

michel 0 votes

@Christian Bekker > You can view the "Hot Cue" and "Memory" point changes you made on the CDJ's just fine in Rekordbox. I've been at it all morning and everything works fine for me. But if you're having troubles, be sure to try what Pulse mentioned and in your "Devices" "USB source" "All Tracks", select all your tracks on your USB source, then right click on a track and select "Update Collection". This will update all your tracks on your USB stick to show the changes you made on the CDJ's in the Rekordbox waveform.

Once I went back to my "Collection" and located all the tracks I made changes to, everything was showing in the Rekordbox waveform from the tracks located in my computers Rekordbox Collection.

@Michel > Make sure you select all tracks on your USB device in Rekordbox, right click and select "Update Collection". This needs to be done for each track in order for it to update your original Library on your computer. 

Foster 0 votes

That didnt seem to help, just updated collection in recordbox to see if i could see some of the cues i made saturday.

But didnt show any new...

Ive got 2 cdj-2000, hooked up with link trough a DJM-2000.

My USB disk on 1 of the players, and i use the memory button to save the cues...

And it flashes with "MEMORY" sometimes i thinks it says "MEMORY CDJ #" some number. like its telling what cdj its saving on?

And i can recall all cues all night.

But next time, nothing is there..

But like i said, i started to see that sometimes when i load up the next weekend, i might have some of my cues and hot cues there.. but far from everyone... Seems very strange...

Christian Bekker 0 votes

@Christian > Just so I'm clear on what's happening here, allow me to summarize...

• You have a USB device which has been loaded with tracks from a Rekordbox export in your CDJ

• You create a memory point for a track

• The next time you load that track, the memory points are not loaded

• Loading the USB drive into Rekordbox shows the memory points when you call the track from the USB device itself

• Using the "update collection" utility doesn't import the memory points from the device to your collection

Pulse 0 votes

Well.. almost.

Except they dont show up on RB either...

even after i select all tracks and do a update collection on the usb drive.

And its pretty strange couse i have like 3-5 songs that did save the cue point. and they show up just fine.

But like this saturday i might have set somthing like at least 30-40 cue points and hot cues troughout the night, but none of them now show up...

Christian Bekker 0 votes

@Christian Bekker > So you can't even see the memory points even when you go to the USB device in Rekordbox and load one of the tracks?

Foster 0 votes

Not if i create them on the CDJ, and then go home to my computer and plugin the disk.. then they are gone..

If i make them in RB and then take the disk to the CDJ, they will show up just fine...

Christian Bekker 0 votes

@Christian Bekker > Just a though, but maybe try this : When you insert your USB device, go to your "Devices" in Rekordbox, select the device you saved knew "Memory" points to, expand the menu, expand the "History" tab, select one of the "History" folders, select one of the tracks in that "History" folder, right click and select "Update Collection". Try it on a few tracks in 2 or 3 of the "History" folders, then go back to the "All Tracks" tab on the device, and play one of the tracks you selected "Update Collection". Let me know if you see if it that shows the "Cue Points" in the track.

Thanks,

Foster 

Foster 0 votes

@Foster > There is no history tab in my usb device?

I got: All Tracks, Playlists, Hot Cue Bank Lists

I do save my history when it asks, after i gig when i plug my USB disk in RB.

But they are saved in RB and not on the USB?

Christian Bekker 0 votes

Okay ..

I just took some of my old history, and saw that they had alot of cue's here and there.

So i added the history list to my USB, and updated collection on the tracks with cues.. that seems to add the cue's out to "All Tracks" ?

This seems silly? so i make cue's for each single playlist? and not globally for the song, regardless of the playlist its in?

Christian Bekker 0 votes

@Christian Bekker > Where did you find this "old history" you mentioned? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused by your recent post.

I don't believe it is necessary to "Save History" when connecting your device to Rekordbox again, as I don't believe I do it all the time.

What I did was the following:

1. Exported some analyzed tracks through Rekordbox onto a flash drive. Each track had 1 "memory" point at the beginning.
  2. Ejected the USB device and plugged it into the CDJ.
  3. Played a track, searched a bit... and when it got to the breakdown or somewhere I liked in the tune, I paused it, made a "memory" point that showed up with the little orange/yellow arrow at the top. Then resumed the track and let it play a bit more. I made a couple points on a few tracks.
  4. After having a couple "memory" points on a few tracks, I ejected the UDB stick and plugged it back into my computer.
  5. Opened the flash drive in Rekordbox, sometimes I select "Yes" to save, sometimes I select "No".
  6. I went to the device in Rekordbox, expanded the [+] boxes.
  7. I only had to do this step once - right click one of the tracks in one of the "History" folders, and select "Update Collection".
  8. Then when I went to the "All Tracks" folder and loaded a track, it had the changes I made on the CDJ's.
  9. Then I hit +A to select all, right clicked and selected "Update Collection".
  10. Finally back in my "Collection" tab I loaded a track that I changed on the CDJ's and found all my cues I made.

That's the way I did it, and everything works smoothly from there on for me. I did it multiple times afterwards just to be sure.

Let me know if you give it a try as it should hopefully work for you. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have any "History" folders on your device though...

Check it out and let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Foster 

Foster 0 votes

@Foster >

Well i dont have that "History" on my device...

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9755/48353924.png << screendump of my RB...

The only History is the folder i created myself with historys thats i move over my self from RB, after i say yes to save the history.

ill see if i cant get hold of some other USB drive to test if its the same soon... cause maybe im just gonna have to reformat the disk

Christian Bekker 0 votes

@Christian Bekker > What format is the drive in right now?

I took a look at your screenshot, and kinda find it odd there isn't a "History" folder. Mine is posted below.

Just so I'm on the right track still...

You only see some "Memory" points you make on the CDJ's but not all?

Have you ever had all the "Memory" points show up on the device in Rekordbox?

I'm running Rekordbox 1.5.1, CDJ's on 4.0.5, USB is MS-DOS (FAT32) with no hidden partitions or additional software on it, as well as only holds exported tracks from Rekordbox and absolutely no other data.

Just check all your settings to confirm because I'd hate to have you reformat your drive with all your music on it.

Just as a curious attempt... Put your USB device into your CDJ, create a couple random "Memory" points on a track and play around with it for a minute. Then eject it and put it into your computer, but when Rekordbox asks you if you want to "Save History" just click "No" if you're up for it... then see if it maybe creates the "History" folder itself...

Let me know when you can. I'm not sure I will reply right away because I have some studying to do. :(

Thanks,

Foster 

Foster 0 votes

My disk is Fat32 just like yours.

Well... it seems; but nok sure, that some gets saved, and i can see them if i import the playlist, and then put them back on my disk. and then update.

But ill make a test this weekend, to make sure how much is saved...

Im running 1.5.1 as well, and ill just check the CDJ's this weekend aswell...

And good idea with the no.. ill try that, and see if it creates then.

Ill post back after this weekend.

Christian Bekker 0 votes

@Christian Bekker > Sounds good. I'll be with my gear all weekend so the sooner the better at my end.

Thanks,

Foster 

Foster 0 votes

@Christian Bekker > Just checking to see if you got things to work this past weekend?

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

So when the window with the question " save playlist" pops up, you say "yes" than the que's are there?

michel 0 votes

I say no, then it creates the playlist folder on my USB Disk and saves the list there. and there are all my cues.. then i just update collection to make it global

Christian Bekker 0 votes