Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

2x32GB USB with dif. music / libraries on 1 128 SSD

Hey guys,

I recently bought an SSD drive and already copied one of my 32GB USB sticks on the new drive, all working, music + playlists.. Tricky part comes now.. How to get the other 32GB usb library on the SSD? Or is it impossible?

Deejay Manie

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

Copy the content dir over / rename it / re analyze it on the ssc drive

That should work?

Nick Hilton 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Manie > I'm not sure what you're trying to do.  If the USB stick was simply an export from Rekordbox, simply export it again to the SSD.

If you were using the USB sticks simply as drives with files and recording cue-points and loops, that can't be imported to Rekordbox, nor can it be merged with another device.

Pulse 0 votes

I had 2 Rekordbox made USB sticks.. One with classic music, playlists, cue points.. One with new stuff, playlists, cue points.. 

Already copied (show all files on the USB stick) the classic USB to the SSD, works perfectly.. Only need the second USB stick copied with all playlist / cue / mp3 files.. But that's not possible i guess.. :(

Deejay Manie 0 votes

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum.  And i've been using cdj900 with usb sticks to DJ for several months, until recently i realized Rekordbox would be helpful for my use, basically what i need is just to see the track's wave form whenever i load any particular track, so i got the 1.5.1 version.

After exporting about 190 tracks and their RB info onto a empty 8GB usb with 2.0 version, the stick COULD NOT be ejected neither from RB nor computer, i had to 'force quit' it...

Then again, i connected the same usb to my iMac, files/info read fine, but it needed to be 'force quit' again even when RB is NOT running.

And again, i ran the RB on the computer, then connected the usb, everything read fine on both RB and the finder window, then of course had to 'force quit' it;

So, i rebooted the iMac, just connected the usb without running any software, i stiil needed to 'force quit' it...

Anyone has a clue?

Thanks in advance

Ngan Hok Kwong 0 votes

False alarm!

Realize the USB was corrupted and now been re-formated for other use...

I'm now using all external drive and memory sticks with USB3.0 version

Ngan Hok Kwong 0 votes

Hi Deejay Manie...I have a similar query. I have two 8GB sticks, both with different playlists, tracks, cue points and histories. What I am trying to do is combine all of the data onto one 16gb stick. I don't think it's able to be done? Unless there is a way ... and if there is, can a representative from Pioneer advise us as step-by-step instructions?

DJ Giorgio 0 votes

@DJ Giorgio > Have you tried simply connecting both USB sticks at the same time and migrating them through Rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks pulse. are you able to explain what you mean by migrating. one of the us sticks is a copy of my friends entire content history etc. we are trying to combine my content etc with his to create one master stick

DJ Giorgio 0 votes

Much like iTunes, you can't take his USB drive and connect it to your Rekordbox collection to import tracks, history or memory points.

Pulse 0 votes