Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Delete playlist from SD card does not delete the files.

Hi, how can I remove mp3 files from Rekordbox structured SD card ?

Deleting of playlist does not remove the files and the card is uselessly full.

So I can not add files I want, because Rekordbox keeps files I don’t want and my card is full.

The only way is to format or delete whole card every time and copy all playlists again to the card. So every small change I want to do takes about 4 hours of copying (for 32GB SD card). About 8 hours to update main + backup card.

I really don’t see any reason to keep files I don’t want anymore.

Even If there is any reason, there should be 2 ways how to delete playlists:

1. delete playlist
  2. delete playlist with files

A.

dj-andy

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

I have this problem too and I agree with your solution.

I found out that it was possible to delete tracks if you click on -all tracks- on your sd, and then chosse the tracks you want to remove.

TouchDown 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Deleting a playlist doesn't delete the tracks because those tracks may exist in other playlists or you may just  want to keep them in your device's collection.

Pulse 0 votes

"May exist" ? Rekordbox knows exactly if the exist in other playlist or not.

But what is the reason to keep the files, if they are not in any other playlist ?

How can I remove the files?

dj-andy 0 votes

Just because you're removing it from a playlist doesn't mean you don't want it on the device ... which is why the song is not removed when you delete it from the playlist.  If you simply have it in your collection (on the export), you can select to have it in a playlist or not.  If it deleted the track from your collection (export) every time you deleted it from a playlist, other DJs would be pulling their hair out asking for the opposite.

We've put in a suggestion to provide an option for "Remove from playlist" and "Remove from playlist and delete from device".

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for the suggestion.

The SD cards have limited capacity and now there is no way to remove files from them.

dj-andy 0 votes

Sure there is -- Click Devices, click the drive letter / name for your device, click All Tracks and then remove the ones you don't want.

Pulse 0 votes