Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

F.A.O Pulse

I think i may have had an idea to solve my dilema re this thread

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20449537-win7-32-bit-to-win7-64bit-migration

If i change the date on my pc then add a folder,then change the date again then add a folder and so on will this work and save me having to do it a day apart?????

Audio Tech

Please sign in to leave a comment.

19 comments

Yeah, I read that, but I'm still not sure what you mean by "a day apart" though?  What exactly is the problem?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Ok,i mucked up my files in the >appdata part of rekordbox and had to re-import quite alot of tracks.

This made them all show in the "date created" field as the same date,where they were uploaded at various times in various months.

So i was going to deleted them,then re-import each folder day by day so it would keep them in sequence

However ive just figured out if i deleted them then change the date on my pc then import them it keeps the date so problem solved

Just got a sh!tload of folder imports and date changes to do now,but at least i can do it without having to wait untill the next day to keep them in order and can actually have the original date =)

Audio Tech 0 votes

Pulse I wonder if you could help me?? Right here goes, I have a pair of cdj 900's i had a prob with my comp so I had to reinstall windows blah blah blah then recordbox now I have imported and analized all my tracks and everything seems fine in rekord box, now when I plug my USB into either of my cdj's the bpm and the waveform are not showing up as b4 I have to beat for the baseline to drop a few bars b4 I get the bpm and also the wave form goes up gradually I have also notice that the bpm when it decides to show how also decided to go move up and down bpm as 170 to 171 then back again nothing seems to stay locked like it used to please help many thanx magnum

Leo Collins 0 votes

You would be best to start your own thread for stuff like this instead oh hijacking others.

From what you are telling us you have analyzed a portable drive and then plugged it into your deck?

This will not work.

You need to either

A/ create some playlists and export tracks from your portable drive onto usb sticks

or

B/ create some playlists in rekordbox from your collection and play over link from your laptop/pc with the drive connected.

you have no waveform and bpm data as it has not been exported from rbx properly....

As for moving bpms make sure you are running the latest firmware and make sure you analyze in normal mode

Nick Hilton 0 votes

First I dnt know how to start a tread so dnt disrespect me as I'm new to this secondly my rekord box and cdj's r running the latest firmware and all my tracks are analysed through recored box and have made playlists so yes I have already done all of the above???

Leo Collins 0 votes

I'm not disrespecting no one i'm simply pointing out how we do things around here.

You may have done all of the above but you have plugged your source drive into your cdj which is not how it works.

Plug it back into your laptop > select link > choose rekordbox > goto playlists > select your desired playlist > play tracks

if you want to start your own thread then goto the desired forum the click on add article .....

Nick Hilton 0 votes

edit ....

Plug it back into your laptop >

select link on your cdj > choose rekordbox > goto playlists > select your desired playlist > play tracks

Nick Hilton 0 votes

Sorry phonic just abit pissed as I've spanked out alot of cash on these what do you mean be source drive as im using a usb stick in my cdj's not running cdj's straight from my laptop???

Leo Collins 0 votes

We have all spanked out lots of money so your not alone .. i own 2 x cdj 2000's 1 x cdj 900 a djm 2000 and an efx 1000 ....

ok so let me get this straight.

you have your main music on a portable drive?

you have analyzed all of the music on the portable drive in rekordbox?

you have created playlists in rekordbox ?

you have exported your playlists to a usb stick?

you have plugged the usb stick into the cdj and it doesnt work?

Please answer the above so we can see where you are at ......

Nick Hilton 0 votes

if not then please list in detail what you have done so we can try and help.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

nice set up pionix all my music is on my laptop so i have dragged n dropped into rekordbox and analysed the tracks i then added the analysed tracks through rekord box on to my usb stick in playlists as u do so now i put my usb stick into my cdj tracks come up fine but on alot of the tracks bpm and wavefile r not shown at start of the track ???

Leo Collins 0 votes

nice set up pionix all my music is on my laptop so i have dragged n dropped into rekordbox and analysed the tracks i then added the analysed tracks through rekord box on to my usb stick in playlists as u do so now i put my usb stick into my cdj tracks come up fine but on alot of the tracks bpm and wavefile r not shown at start of the track ???

Leo Collins 0 votes

have you created a playlist and exported it properly to your usb stick or just drag and dropped?

Nick Hilton 0 votes

i made a playlist in recordbox but in the device section then dragged n dropped tracks into the playlist but still using rekord box to do so some of my tracks show bpm and waveform but alot dnt as they did b4???

Leo Collins 0 votes

right click the playlist and export the tracks to the usb stick properly and that should fix it.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

what do you mean make playlist in the playlist section then add them to usb stick??

Leo Collins 0 votes

In rekordbox open the playlist pane & create your playlist by dropping tacks from your collection to your playlist,

Once you have done that right click the playlist and export to the stick.

This will export all of the content and the information required to produce your waves and bpm values.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

ok kool ill try that and let ya know how i get on thanks pionix

Leo Collins 0 votes