Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

issues with rekordbox 1.5.1

failure upon start up repeatedly but only when theres any music in my library.

) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6.8

2) OS Type: 64bit 32bit (not sure which)

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.1

4) Using LINK: No

4a) LINK Connection method

4b) Using with CDJs: i have to 900's but their not connected and not the issue

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: FAT16 FAT32 NTFS HFS+ (is this external? i have nothing plugged in besides the power cord

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: Unsure

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: No 

5c) With what utility did you format the device

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: No 

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: No 

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: an error message (Rekord box has quit unexpectedly)

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: no external equipment plugged in

Provide as much detail of the issue here: i had not upgraded to snow leopard until recently, when i did i did a time machine backup of my computer, however i did not know that this would not back up the link between my rekord box library and their root files. subsequently i initially started by trying to delete the library and re-import everything, after a few crashes i managed to delete the library and try to post a chunk, not my entire collection, back into rekord box, at which point it crashed again. after this i could reopen to find that it would begin scanning the imported songs with the % symbols to the left of each song, however as soon as one song would upload another crash would happen and it was not able to again even begin to open up, crashing before the full startup could occur. this point is where i am now. i have deleted rekordbox and its library files from my computer and re-downloaded rekordbox multiple times and the same issue keeps occuring. i am going to try and install the old rekordbox version that came with the CDJ 900's i bought after work. any help would be tremendous as i am meant to dj bars and parties with these multiple times in the next week, and rely on rekordbox to link my music. thank you!

alex tennis

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

@Alex > Are you able to get RB installed and running without importing tracks?  If you're okay there, try importing ONE song and see if it's able to import and analyse it.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hey Pulse, so it was opening with an empty library, but as soon as a song was about to finish importing it would crash again. however i managed to find the rekord box disc that came with the CDJ's a version 1.3.1, luckily after wiping all rekordbox data from my hard drive i reinstalled this earlier version and now everything is up and running again! i know this isnt the best technical advice but its worked for me and now i can go through with my gigs worry free it seems.

alex tennis 0 votes

@Alex > Reverting to 1.3.1 isn't an optimal solution; if the software is crashing with 1.5.1 analyzing its first track, there's something else that needs to be looked at.  I'm going to send you an email to see if you could get some diagnostic info for us to look at.

Pulse 0 votes