Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

rekordbox & CDJ 2000/900 Hot Cue Setting Workflow

Hello. I recently sold my Serato and CDJ1000s combo to buy CDJ2000s. Previously I set cues in Serato and am now learning the rekordbox way. I realize I can have hot cues on both a 'per track' basis and also hot cue banks for juggling between different files in my collection.

My question is about the workflow of going thru tracks in my library and setting the hot cues on a 'per track' basis. It's great that you can set all of these per track in rekordbox... export it... and then call it up on the player. However, Im wondering how to save hot cues on a 'per track' basis after initially recording them on the CDJ. Can I go thru my library track by track on the player, save 3 hot cues per track, and sync that with rekordbox so that every export in the future will include those hot cues per track?

Thanks for the help.

Matt Play

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Yes; press and hold the CALL button and the hot cues will be called up.  We've asked the engineers to add an option to the firmware to allow the player to automatically load the hot cues for each track when you load the track itself.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Pulse:

That would be really nice!

/Christoffer

Christoffer Földes 0 votes

Please update me when this Automatic Hot Cue Recall is implemented. Would make a huge huge difference.

Zushan Benny 0 votes

from what I read recently, Unfortunately they claim it cannot be done with this hardware, sucks :(

BriChi 0 votes

@Zushan > as has been documented on these forums countless times before, automatic load of hot cues is not possible on current hardware.

Gavin 0 votes