Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Program "Quits Unexpetedly" after launching (repeatedly)

Ok I have read other threads with similar issues. I have nothing connected.  On MAC OS 10.5.8

Importing / Analyzing 5500 songs & when it gets to around 1400 starts to quit, & then repeatedly shortly after launching. Got down to around 900 files to go 1st time around.

After determining both database & back up were corrupt, uninstalled & started over & am now having the same issue.

The workaround can get it to re-open, but quits soon after, so not much of a workaround.

I deleted mp3 files that Sertao had analyzed as 'corrupt" to see if it would make a difference, but to no avail. I don't know what is causing this or how to avoid, & between waiting for it to analyze and all the time I spent adding cue points etc has been a big investment of time seemingly wasted

Please advise

Frank

Frank Rempe

Please sign in to leave a comment.

11 comments

@Frank > It sounds like it's songs in your collection causing the import to crash.  Can I email you at the address you used to register here at the forums?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I have to say, this "one bad apple spoils the whole database" scenario is making it pretty difficult to have much faith in using.

With other programs (serato at least) the 'extra info" seems to be stored with the file itself, so if you have a corrupt file, it may not play or may cause a crash if you play it - but it won't make everything you've analyzed, cued, color coded, etc etc etc essentially useless. Hard to invest the time & effort into something that is seemingly one bad file away from ground zero :-/

Frank Rempe 0 votes

as a suggestion would it be possible for engineering / mixvibes to mark the file as corrupt and carry on opening the database as its looking like its only an issue with corrupt files by pulses comments.

Nick Hilton 0 votes

great idea pionix. this at least gives us a chance of fixing 'bad' files.

however i don't have much faith in mixvibes, i love the concept of rekordbox/cdj but there are so many basic elements of functionality/user experience missing after 2 years (its the only software that refuses to sit nicely in the background when i have other windows open in osx for example).

i've never known a single application crash so often, during basic tasks (opening the app, importing files, exporting files and simply closing the app), even after all the updates, in over 20 years using macs!

Phil 0 votes

Update - after adding songs in batches, backing up regularly and restoring a few times, I've been able to get 4300 songs loaded & analyzed. This is most of what I would use program to play with currently (Ideally I would like to have all 17000) but for now, workable - Assuming it doesn't crash with what is there.

What I'm noticing now is that several of the songs will have the waveform in the lower display, but no blue overview in that part of the display. Is there a explanation / fix for this? Should I start a different thread since dif issue?

Frank Rempe 0 votes

@ Frank Rempe > Have you tried re-analyzing the track with Rekordbox to see if it updates it and adds the above waveform? You could also try right clicking on the track and selecting "Reload Tag" in some cases, but not likely this one.

Foster 0 votes

Well apparently the 4300 are not actually analyzed, when I go to play a large portion, they have no overview and bpm value goes to "0" as described.

It will allow me to analyze these and give me the overview, though if I continue, it seems it's just a matter of time unit I run into, the file(s) that were causing the crash to begin with.

Frank Rempe 0 votes

@ Frank Rempe > If you're on Mac, have you tried using "MP3 Scan+Repair" to scan your tacks and see if there is any other data in files that might be corrupt or causing the issue?

Unfortunately it would be a long process for you to go through your entire library, but I think it's worth a try, and you may be surprised with the results it turns. 

Foster 0 votes

@Frank > I'll send you an email separate to this, but I have to ask so others may benefit as well -- before re-analysing your tracks, did you remove the hidden Pioneer folder?  That contains the wave data and may cause issues with additional imports.

Pulse 0 votes

Originally, I uninstalled, deleted everything (including hidden files) & started over. After that I would do in batches and let it run, backing up often, when it would quit, I would restore and pick a different batch in an effort to avoid the trouble spot. The result was as described in my last post.

Frank Rempe 0 votes