Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Writing bpm values to itunes from rekord box

hi guys

sorry if this is a painfully simple issue.

After analysing my itunes playlists, i want rekord box to write the bpms of my tracks back to itunes for future reference when just playing back from itunes.

Is this possible?

thank you in advance...

Julian Peake

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

I am also wondering about this exact same thing. Is it possible for RekordBox to write the BPM to the ID3 tag and then have iTunes read this, automatically or manually?

Per Christian Frankplads 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Rekordbox does not edit the ID3 tags of files, so this wouldn't be possible.

You could consider looking into software such as "Mixed In Key" where it analyzes your tracks BPM and Key, as well it edits the ID3 tags and they will show up in iTunes and Rekordbox. 

Foster 0 votes

It does edit the tags, but the BPM is not stored in the ID3, it's stored in the rekordbox database and as such, is not available to iTunes.

Pulse 0 votes

This is an old post, but i was wondering the same now as i started to use Rekordbox. I used Traktor to analyze the BMP and write it to the ID3. In iTunes i can make playlists or just quickly try out things without having to open the more heavy programs.

I want to ditch Traktor now as i never play with laptop any more and i want to use Rekordbox to analyze the tracks and prepare for the CDJs. However, i still want to have the BMP in iTunes displayed. 

I see a lot of people asking for it. Why don't you make a checkbox — same as for the key — in the analyzing preferences. Write BMP to ID3...  Should be super easy to implement.

What reason holds you back to implement it, Pioneer team?

Andre P 0 votes