Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Itunes bridge...

How do you people do this?

I just started to use itunes and i have sorted all my dj tracks in one playlist map. 

How would you do to analyse them in rekordbox? it is aroudn 2000 tracks....

/Chris

Christoffer Földes

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

@Christoffer > Personally, I don't recommend using iTunes with Rekordbox. iTunes isn't exactly the ideal solution for organising music for DJs.

However, that doesn't exactly answer your question. You can use the bridge function within Rekordbox to load up your iTunes music database. It's pretty straightforward and syncs quite seamlessly.

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I'm using iTunes with rekordbox... I have my entire music collection in iTunes. When I select tracks for a set in iTunes I move them to a playlist and when the set/playlist is done I import it to rekordbox via iTunes Bridge.

For me iTunes is an ideal solution for organizing music.

oakstream 0 votes

iTunes does have its quirks, but it is an incredibly powerful tool for organizing music.  The sheer speed of the searching alone should not be ignored.  Plus, the Smart Playlists are incredibly useful.  Yes, Rekordbox does offer fields like Label and Remixer that iTunes does not.  I do not use iTunes very much anymore, but I really do miss my Smart Playlists based on compatible Key.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

I don't deny that iTunes is a good tool for organizing music for personal use. I do see rekordbox having a lot of this power and functionality (and then some!) over the coming years.

Gavin 0 votes

@DubLN > Personally, I find iTunes no good. Thats my opinion. I think its too clunky. I like to edit my tags in Tag&Rename and then import everything into Rekordbox / Serato / djay / Traktor / VDJ etc. I think iTunes is just another unnecessary step in the chain and you still need to organize all your folders of music how you want them anyway.

Gavin 0 votes

Now i founded that  i could delete the playlist after i imported it to rekordbox so now it works fine.

I Found Itunes quit good. I do all id3 tags in  i tunes and when i import them to rekordbox i just have to write the colour in the id3 tags.

I think it would be good if rekordbox have the possibility to change the tags in bridge mode and not just in rekordbox....

/Chris

Christoffer Földes 0 votes

@Chris > But if you never use iTunes at all, rekordbox will edit the ID3 data anyway...

Gavin 0 votes

Hello.

I recently downloaded Rekordbox, and it worked fine, HOWEVER, now, I cannot find anyway to import my iTunes music in the bridge function, when I select the bridge option, there is only a grey box with BRIDGE inside. Very frustrating.

Neil Dixon 0 votes

Hi,

same Problem as Neil Dixon here. Just a grey BRIDGE Box and no possibility to import my tracks from iTunes. It works fine for me till the 2.23 Update I made today. Any idea to solve this problem?

And I think that itunes is a great tool to sort a music library too. The smart lists are the best feature that no other program has.

djthoka 0 votes

Hi again...

I found the solution if you only see the grey box and no tracks from itunes within the BRIDGE Function.

The itunes music folder and the itunes library are not at the correct position, so that record box can`t find them. For me it works now. :-)

djthoka 0 votes

@djthoka Thanks that did the trick for me just by selectin the libary file agin!.

Also @Gavin you must admit where Rekordbox falls short is when using with USB's, takes ages to search a usb's library or even to scroll through it's content. 

SebM66 0 votes

Hello,

In Rekorbox 3, is the iTunes bridge gone?.. :-(

I buy lots of music in iTunes and the import the rest I buy elsewhere in iTunes too. Then via bridge I 'copy' the tracks into Rekordbox and get them analysed. But in RB3 I can't seem to find the bridge anymore?

Thank you

Kris Van Hullebusch 0 votes

it works for me in Rekordbox 3 . It's on the left -  right under playlists.

DubLN 0 votes

Bridge is much better in version 3 now, search function was terrible on the old version. I also find itunes perfect for organising my collection and making playlists, and I have the added benefit of being able to import my playlists into almost any dj software on the market as they all support itunes. This also means I can keep all my personal music seperate from what I import to play out as over 90 percent of my collection never gets played and would just clog up my DJ software, but it's nice to know that if I get a strange request I probably have it in itunes.

Great job on version 3 guys, very impressed so far.

Shane White 0 votes

OK indeed my mistake. iTunes was not activated in 'tree view' so I couldn't see it. It works fine now importing tracks! Good job Pioneer! :-)

Kris Van Hullebusch 0 votes

Ever since I updated my Mac OS to OS X Yosemite, iTunes Bridge stopped working on RekordBox. I tried version 1 to 3. RekordBox can't seem to detect the path of my iTunes Music folder file.... but if I drag the song from iTunes app to RekordBox, the song gets imported. I know RekordBox does not support OS X Yosemite, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone here has the same problem? Thank you.

littleblackangel 0 votes