Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

analizing tracks - normal or dynamic?

Im not sure if this has been asked before on here, i had a look but couldnt see anything, but can someone explain the difference in analizing tracks in normal or dynamic mode?  and what is the beast option to use?

aaron elliott

Please sign in to leave a comment.

12 comments

Normal is for most basic studio made music that has a constant bpm, Dynamic is more for live performance where the bpm may not be as consistent... Someone please correct me if i am wrong at all but thats pretty much what I have read on it

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

ok thanks, i play electro and sometimes  dubstep, so would i best to analize the electro tracks in normal and for dubstep use dynamic mode? (the tempo in some  dubstep tracks changes completely, then changes back again to its original tempo)

aaron elliott 0 votes

I would avoid analyzing dubstep in RB all together, it causes glitches in the software being that even Rekordbox knows dubstep is horrible, LOL  j/k

Honestly, I have some dubstep in my library and I always leave it on "normal" and never seen an issue, Try some on normal and see if it looks right

BriChi 0 votes

lol! i only use dubstep to make funky breakdowns, im not brave enough to play a whole set of it,  i'll try it in normal mode and see how it goes, thanks :)

aaron elliott 0 votes

@Aaron > Normal analysis would be used where the beats are designed in studio and are at consistently timed intervals. Dynamic analysis would be better suited in a "live recording" circumstance where the drummer, for example, might be pretty accurate but he wouldn't be 100% on point (milliseconds difference).

I would go with normal analysis too.

Gavin 0 votes

yes, the BPM will change when it gets to the part of the track that is different,

BriChi 0 votes

Thanks, but it indicates me aprox. always 128,88 bpm. 

It has high reliability ?
Thanks
David de DJIbizaProject.com 0 votes

for me i mostly analyze normal but there are specific tracks that ave diffrent bpm in te same track so then i analyze dynamic

toon van den broeck 0 votes

What do you do when normal anallyses either is offset on the beat (1 is on 2 or 3 insted) or even worse the beat is completely off (1 is om 1.3 or 4.6 or something weirs.)
And then t is the same offset for the whole file.
Is it easy to move the whole grid then to get adjusted the 1.3 or 4.6 miss :-)

LarsErikOsterud 0 votes