Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

[CLOSED] When using rekordbox link with 900s

Just downloaded the new version or rekordbox, hooked up my 2 cdj 900s via provided LAN cables through a switch , switch has my computer and the 2 tables hooked up to it. Ive got the dj link working fine but after about 30 minutes or so, give or take i notice it wouldnt read a file it just ready hours ago, then i get an error on the display or the track wont play and or the song just stops playing and starts back up randomly when it feels like it.  firmware on my cdjs are 4.4

any ideas on what is causing this? just a glitch in the program? thank u in advance for help 

2bhappy

Post is closed for comments.

24 comments

@2bhappy > Do you have the source files located on the internal hard drive of the computer?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

all of my music is on my computer, then loaded into my collection on rekordbox., i now updated to 4.10. going to give it a try tomorrow and see how it holds up

2bhappy 0 votes

tested new version of firmware. played  about 20 minutes and track stopped, cdj is readin E-8302 

2bhappy 0 votes

@2bhappy > does the issue consistently occur when you try to play the same track again or is it seemingly random?

Gavin 0 votes

the track problem is random but hasnt happened in a bit.. the error comes after about 15 minutes of playing.. i turn cdjs on, turn link on. start playing.. few tracks in sudden stop and the E-8302 message appears and or no error appears and the music just stops. its random but always after a few tracks. the switch is a gigabyte netgear switch

2bhappy 0 votes

can you plug 1  cdj directly into your computer and run the test, this will at least eliminate if something may be wrong with the switch 

BriChi 0 votes

@2bhappy > Are you using the switch for any other purposes or dedicated just to DJing / your DJ setup?

Gavin 0 votes

@2bhappy > What is the source of your music (internal or external drive)?  Have you tried switching out the LINK cables?

Pulse 0 votes

I have my internet plugged into my switch as well.the source is on the same drive as the software

2bhappy 0 votes

Sorry -- I did already ask that question!  lol

Have you tried connecting just one player directly to the computer to see if the same errors occur?

Pulse 0 votes

...and does it happen with a particular song every time?  If so, please send me the file.

Pulse 0 votes

I have not tried going directly into the computer.I won't be able to play for the 15-20 minutes that it takes for the error to come up.

Its different songs.just seems to happen after playing for a bit and it does it every time I do use rekordbox

2bhappy 0 votes

im using windows 7 and ive looked up how to get to the app data and i have no idea how to do that, makes no sense to me... i checked programfiles/ rekordbox and found no database

2bhappy 0 votes

nevermind i have figured it out thanks to a friend,  i will be sending u that file now

2bhappy 0 votes

Find your database in the following location:

Win 7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

If you can't see that folder, it may be hidden.  Google instructions on how to view hidden folders if needed.

Pulse 0 votes

@2bhappy > Following-up to see if you are still having this issue.  If so, have you tried another network cable or the latest versions of the rekordbox software / CDJ firmware?

Pulse 0 votes

This topic has been closed due to inactivity. Should you require future assistance with this issue, please create a new topic describing the problem and provide the URL of this topic as reference.

Pulse 0 votes