Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

[SOLVED] E-8302 ERROR (C611) on CDJ-2000 using LINK

Short:

Copied a library of over 4000 tracks to a new laptop, everything showed up and functioned fine within RB.

When dropping tracks on the players, getting the “E-8302 ERROR (C611)” on the CDJ-2000

Eliminated any firewall, switch, mp3 issues.

Starting a temporary new library from scratch fixed the issue.

Trying to pinpoint the problem with the copied library, and why it's not functioning properly on the new laptop.

Long:

Since the late 2010, I've been using LINK with 3 CDJ-2000 players connected through a switch without any problems. Recently I've transferred my collection to a new laptop running Win 7/64bit (my old laptop was running on Win XP 64). After the migration, I was happy that all my tracks, playlists, cues were there and every track played fine in the rekordbox player. BUT, when trying to drop a track onto any of the CD-J2000 players, I run into “E-8302 PLAYER ERROR (C611)”. When dropping the track, the title of the track shows up on the CDJ display for a split second, but then immediately turns into an error.

I connected the laptop directly to the player, but it did not make any difference, so it's not switch related. All my files are also perfect (I encode every single file myself to 320 cbr), but I rescanned them with MP3VAL just to make sure, and not a single error was found on over 4000 files. I also tried the backup library renaming trick and reanalyzing the tracks, both with no luck. My firewall is turned off and there's no AV software (dedicated laptop). Both laptops have RB 1.5.2 and all 3 players have the newest firmware (4.10 I believe).

After further troubleshooting, I managed to get everything to work properly. I wiped the hidden Pioneer folder, added tracks to a clean RB database and was able to drop tracks onto the players without any issues. No more error! So what is it about my copied library that is preventing me from dropping the tracks onto the players and causing the error? Everything works fine within the software, so why is it having problems with link? Could it be some kind of issue between Windows XP on the old laptop and Windows 7 on the new one? My old laptop (Win XP 64bit), which I am forced to use until I figure out this problem, uses the same library, same database, on the same exact setup, and LINK works without any errors. I'm hoping I'll be able to make my new laptop work using my migrated library, because I really don't feel like reprogramming the cues/loops/colors/ all over again.

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes

1) Operating System: Windows 7

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.2

4) Using LINK: Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: Netgear ProSafe FS105 switch

4b) Using with CDJs: Yes, 3 CDJ-2000

5) Hard drive file system: NTFS

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: Yes, the hard disk has an OEM partition for recovery

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: Not using flash drive

5c) With what utility did you format the device: N/A. Drive formatted by factory (Dell)

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: N/A

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: Yes “E-8302 PLAYER ERROR (C611)”

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

kooba

Post is closed for comments.

33 comments

Hello Pioneer mods, almost a week and no help on your part. I understand this might be a somewhat complicated issue, but sometimes it seems like there's no support on this board. Pulse, Gavin,?

kooba 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@koobah > Sorry for the delay but there is an awful amount of traffic on the forums and, unfortunately, Pulse and Jay are away at MBLV this week so I'm holding the fort so to speak. I get notification of EVERY post, so I didn't miss it.

Are you sure rekordbox is pointed at the correct, migrated folder?

Did you follow the instructions EXACTLY as described here: http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20658308-migrating-your-rekordbox-database

Gavin 0 votes

Yes, as I've mentioned, the library and playlists are all there. All tracks play fine on the RB internal player, but no luck with drag & drop onto the players via LINK.

kooba 0 votes

Yes, I tried everything, but nothing seems to alleviate the problem, which leads me to believe that my database is corrupt, BUT if it is in fact corrupt, how come it works perfectly on the old laptop?

kooba 0 votes

@koobah > Did you follow the instructions I posted on migrating your database?  Because of the filesystem differences between XP and 7, you can't expect everything to be peachy.

If you use a blank database and import one new song from scratch, does it play?

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, yes, I followed the instructions, and sometimes I feel like either my post is not being read thoroughly or I'm not explaining it properly. Like I've mentioned in my original post, if I start from scratch, everything works properly, but starting from scratch for me would be at least couple of months of work to redo all cues, loops, etc. I still don't understand what is happening. The whole library along with all playlists show up fine and play without any issues on the internal RB player. It's the LINK that's not functioning properly.

kooba 0 votes

And sometimes I wonder if my posts are not being read at all.

If you use a blank database and import one new song from scratch, does it play?

Pulse 0 votes

Hmm, here's the first sentence of the second paragraph from my initial post: "After further troubleshooting, I managed to get everything to work properly. I wiped the hidden Pioneer folder, added tracks to a clean RB database and was able to drop tracks onto the players without any issues."

kooba 0 votes

@koobah > Realize that I'm dealing with hundreds of individual posts across dozens of threads, my apologies if I missed that one line.

So you answered your own question; the problem is in the database move and the problem is not the software, the hardware or how you have them connected -- it's the migrated database.

If you still have access to the old computer, try an export and re-import on the new.

Pulse 0 votes

I am still using my old laptop as the new one is useless because of this issue. By export and re-import, do you mean going through the manual process of copying the files from the hidden folder or file>library>backup on old laptop and restore on new?

kooba 0 votes

Okay, before I answer that ... let me ask this ... where are your audio files stored?

Pulse 0 votes

On my old laptop (Win XP) in the default "My Music" folder. On the new laptop (Win 7), also in the default "My Music" folder. The actual paths are different on the two operating systems, but Win 7 uses "junction points" to be compatible.

kooba 0 votes

That's correct, they should resolve to the same location but that doesn't mean the software will treat it the same though!

I'm in the process of updating the migration instructions, I'm going to test a few things out.  If you don't mind waiting until Friday when I should have a definitive answer for you, that would be great.

Pulse 0 votes

Well, the software sees all my tracks along with cues, loops, artwork, etc. It plays all of them on the software player without any issues. The problem arises only when I try drag and drop over LINK. Right now, I''m using my old machine, so it's not an emergency, but would be nice if there was a way to get this to work without redoing the whole collection.

kooba 0 votes

So here's the answer from the engineers....

Rekordbox doesn't support the junction mechanism (it's not inherent for apps to use the junction).  They are investigating adding support for it, but in the meantime they suggested you use the relocate feature to have rekordbox find the new location for your tracks, the cues / loops should be retained.

Pulse 0 votes

Will give it a try, but did the engineers know that RB sees all the files, and that the issue arises only when trying to drag the files onto the players when using link?

kooba 0 votes

Okay, but when you migrated the database, did you relocate the tracks at all?  Do the tracks play directly in rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes

All playlists/tracks correctly show up and play in RB's player, so the software sees all files, cues, loops, etc. The error is only present when trying to drag and drop the tracks onto the players.

kooba 0 votes

It's likely then that the rekordbox software itself sees the files via the junction but there was a miscommunication in that the players can't use the junction to connect to the files through rekordox.  What you can try doing is move the entire music folder somewhere else and use the relocate tool to fix it.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, quick question. I copied all my audio files to a new location and relocated all of them in Rekordbox (using the relocate feature). However, all are still missing waveforms and artwork. I tried reanalyzing the tracks and reloading tags and that helped with waveforms, but the artwork is still missing. Is this normal?

kooba 0 votes

Not sure what is going on, but after analyzing the tracks, the waveforms only last as long as Rekordbox is open. If the software closed, then restarted, the waveforms are gone! Arghhh

kooba 0 votes

Finally got everything to work properly without any errors. Apparently, Rekordbox didn't like the lack of a username. It had to be identical to the username on the old machine, even though the library was in a different location on the disk. I was also pleasantly surprised when RB automatically found and relocated all of my tracks, even though they were in different multiple folders. So far so good.

kooba 0 votes

i have the same problem but what do you mean by username? 

Dries Cristal Feriani 0 votes

For all those who have the famous error e-8302, it is not a firewall problem or other swith only problem with Rekordbox some mp3 files.

Indeed, some files works without any problems while others do not load, go in loop emergency, etc ...

After multiple tests and analyzes, some attached files in stereo join mode (I use the program to see the mp3 tag information), bad year tag (wrong format) or copyright problem.

Warning converter can not solve everything, Audacity allows me to recreate a new file by deleting some fields (such as copyright)

If Pioneer can contact me to send them to MP3 files for example causing this error restore in the future version of Rekordbox ...

Projectsoft 0 votes

@Dries: windows username. When I got a new laptop, I changed my windows username and RB didn't like it, thus the error. All my mp3 files are 100% error free as I prepare each file individually by myself.

kooba 0 votes

To reproduice the problem fast, use search buttons >> and << fast and the navigation will block with the error code.

Projectsoft 0 votes