Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Deleted all my playlists, help!!

I Just deleted all my playlists thinking it was histories :( Is there anyway to get them back before I exit RKB? Like undo or something.

I back up occasional, not sure where this is normall saved too (directory), does that save playlists too? At least it would get me somewhat close.

Thanks

Tony

Tony Higgins

Post is closed for comments.

18 comments

I found an edb file from October, is that going to restore just the music and waveforms, or playlists, or something else?

Tony Higgins 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

You should have a datafile.edb and a datafile.backup.edb; close the program and rename the datafile.edb to datafile.old, then rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb and re-launch rekordbox, your playlists should be recovered.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks, was a little late, I had closed it already, but I did recover some from some October back ups I did.

Will have to be more vigilant on my backups :0

Thanks

Tony

Tony Higgins 0 votes

I've done the same on a mac, how do i restore the playlists with tracks?

Barry Clarkson 0 votes

anyone got any ideas what i should do ? i have over 100 gig of playlists gone, HELP!!

Barry Clarkson 0 votes

i have the playlists on my external hard drive with the tracks but when i import them from the hard drive to rekordbox none of the tracks are in the playlists? 

Barry Clarkson 0 votes

If you did not make a personal backup, you're pretty much screwed, sorry to say. Once you close RB the back is created so if you deleted all and then closed RB it's all gone

BriChi 0 votes

ive not closed rekordbox, i have the playlists how they should be on my external hard drive and can import them to rekorbox but the tracks don't show up in the playlists. I have time machine if thats any use?i really don't want to have to go through each playlist on external looking at what tracks are where then search on rekorbox to sort the tracks. surely something i can do?

Barry Clarkson 0 votes

yes there definitely is, I will write it up now, DO NOT CLOSE RB

BriChi 0 votes

being you mentioned Time Machine i will assume you're on a mac? Ill record a screen capture video for you

BriChi 0 votes

that would be great, thank you very much. yes I'm on a mac

Barry Clarkson 0 votes

ok great, making one now and it will upload within 20 minutes

BriChi 0 votes

I did what you showed me in the video but for some reason it didn't work. i re-opened record box and no playlists or tracks were there. I FREAKED OUT!! haha. I then went to time machine and took both the database and backup files from yesterday and boom. all my tracks and playlists were there. Thank you so much for helping me, you have saved me a lot of time and effort. plus with it being christmas I'm playing a lot of gigs so this was much needed!! thank you again.

Barry Clarkson 0 votes