Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox Track-Problems (Artwork and Sound-Distortion)

Hello,

last week i have got a new track. Tested it with MP3Val without errors. If i import it on rekordbox it will shown as normal as other songs. The cover artwork is shown on top of rekordbox.

If i try to stream it to my cdj 2000 players the artwork isnt shown on the players. More over within the first 4 beats is a distorted sound if i play the track with my cdj 2000. if i play it on my pc with winamp or the rekordbox software there is no distortion!!!

got this problems with other tracks too!

Please help. ;(

DJ NosTer

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

I figured out the problem -- the artwork was embedded in a PNG format. I removed the artwork, converted it to JPG format and re-added it to the MP3 and it worked just fine.

I had no problems with distortion with the playback on either version.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

thanks for the cover-art fix :) Will convert all covers so no more problems like this.

But the distortion sound is still alive. it always happens with mp3 256 KBITs!!

the time-difference between the beginning of a track to place of distortion is the same in other songs. the song you got is an good example because the distortion is nerly by a beat.

I have create a short video which shows the problem and the distortion ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBtffcy-KpU

DJ NosTer 0 votes

Even with the original file on my end, it doesn't do it... sounds as clean within rekordbox as it does on the CDJ.

What version of rekordbox are you running and what is the firmware version of the player?

Pulse 0 votes

it has been known that the cdj 2000 will sometime "distort" a song.

I had a song to that played fine on all other media, Cdj 400 , pc ...  but not on the 2000's

I still wonder why this happens?? how come the cdj 2000 adds a distortion sound to the mp3....

What I found out with a track... when I put the song into audacity and then export it to mp3, it would play normal.

Weird because I didn't changed anything to the file... maybe audacity encoded it again or something...

TheOne 0 votes

The CDJ doesn't "add" anything to the song, if anything it's a problem decoding the MP3.

Pulse 0 votes

firmware version 4.10 and rekordbox v 1.5.3. but with 1.5.4 the same problem. it can't depend on rekordbox because i had copied the mp3 file on an usb stick as shown in the video and got the same distortion. if i convert the mp3 in 224 kbits the sound is clear and i there are no problems

DJ NosTer 0 votes

I'm on the same here and like I said, no distortion at all... I'm thinking it's the track itself.  It could be to do with the encoder used (LAME 3.99.3).  If you look at the LAME encoder history, 3.99.5 says there was a fix for "artifacts at the beginning of decoded file".

Pulse 0 votes

okay sounds right. but why does the same title play in rekordbox normal and why there is a different between playback with cdj 2000 ?

DJ NosTer 0 votes

Because the hardware decoder is different than the software decoder in your computer.

Pulse 0 votes

As I noted, I did not experience the problem here with either playback on the player via USB, linked through the software or playing it in a computer-based media player.  My suggestion would be to re-code the file.

Pulse 0 votes

I buy all my music wav with pictures. But for some reason I cant see the Artwork when I transfer to rekordbox. However it only works with mp3? HELP Please

Steve Gianolli 0 votes

@ Steve     WAV doesn't hold artwork, but AIFF does.  Where are you buying your music?  Beatport now offers AIFF with tags and artwork attached, and Rekordbox supports the artwork and tags.  I use it and it works perfectly for me.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

Hello, I am having an issue with my artwork in recordbox. When in recordbox, all my artwork is displaying. The music on my USB stick shows all the artwork like in recordbox. When plugging the USB stick into my CDj 2000 Nexus, most of the artwork is missing. I have taken a video if this helps? I never had this issue with Recordbox 2, only Recordbox 3. Any suggestions? Thanks

Daniel Velardo 0 votes