Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

ProLink Recordbox with CDJ2000 / DJM2000

Having the following setup:

PC with Windows7

Recordbox vs 1.5.4

DJ-set: 2x CDJ2000(v4.10) with DJM2000(v2.01) (they link via prolink in the mixer)

Allowed all Pioneer-related files in the firewall, but to be sure, I disabled the Firewall and also disconnected the wireless Internet Access.

Having used the SD-cards and external HD, now it is time to hook up the set to my computer with recordbox.

But unfortunately, after reading all the forum-posts I tried some of the solutions offered but here is what happens:

NO NETWORK CABLE ON PC: The music files in Recordbox play as normal

NETWORK CABLE BETWEEN PC AND DJM2000:

The link button shows in the bottomleft corner. When I click on it, I see only the mixer-icon show in the middle of the bottom of the RB-screen. Then when I drag a song to the mixer-icon I get an error-message: Track Loading Error (see attachment). And nothing works anymore in Recordbox. Rebooting Recordbox, songs play within RB on the computer, but stop when clicking the Link button again.

So let's try what another posts suggests:

LINK BETWEEN PC AND CDJ2000:

Again, I start up Recordbox, and the Link button shows again, but when I click on it, the bottom of the screen do not show any CD-player. But luckily, the music in RB keeps playing from the PC.

Conclusion: I am lost and do hope that you guys can help me to get this working.

I have also added screenshots of my General and Audio settings within RecordBox.

DJ BramBo

Post is closed for comments.

18 comments

Just a thought try going back to RB 1.5.3 there are some strange bugs in 1.5.4 and see how that go's.

Morgo 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Just to be clear, you are definitely connecting the CDJ-2000s to the DJM-2000, using LAN cables, in addition to connecting the DJM-2000 to the PC with a LAN cable?

(making sure that the DJM is connected via the PC1 or PC2 ports and the CDJs are connected to the port that matches the audio channel that they are also connected to)

Mark90 0 votes

@Mark90 yes both the CDJ's are connected to the mixer with LAN cables on channel 3 and 4. Then from Computer 1 connection on the DJM2000 to the Network-port on my PC

DJ BramBo 0 votes

@BramBo > Did you disable both the private / work and public firewalls?

Pulse 0 votes

@Morgo I have tried that as well, but the bug is behaving exactly the same in both RB version 1.5.4 as in 1.5.3

DJ BramBo 0 votes

@pulse Yes, I got all warning-bells when doing that, but as far as I can tell all firewalls are closed. It only recognizes the Pioneer Mixer. But can't even use the Cue, due to the error-message "Track Loading Error"

DJ BramBo 0 votes

@Pulse this looks like an IT-forum when discussing the Pro-Link functionality ;-)

Have checked and the answer is: DHCP

DJ BramBo 0 votes

LOL - yep, it's a bit of a tech issue when dealing with this stuff.  No longer just "Is your CD scratched?"

If you're around today, we could try a remote to try and figure out what's up.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse sounds great, but busy and a gig tonight. Tomorrow I have a friend coming over who knows more about computers and networking than about  spinning records. So lets keep fingers crossed! 

If he can't help, I hope we can set up a remote later.

DJ BramBo 0 votes

Great news, I got it working (well, actually my friend did all the work!) and it had to to with the firewall indeed!

@Pulse you are always right ;-)

Computerprogamming is not my thing, but it had to do with settings in Norton Internet Security. Which seems to be a horrible product I was told by that same friend, but that discussion is off-topic.

To help others that run Norton, you have to go to Settings > Network > Smart Firewall

When you have that tab open, there is an option called "Trust Control". You then get a screen where you can select between networks, so in this case, he selected the LAN-network

My friend opened that and first directly connected a CDJ2000 to the networkcable. Within Trust Control he selected the LAN network and then it found the CDJ2000, it did immediately show on the screen, the Manufacturer was stated. It had to be the connected CDJ2000.

Next use the Edit Function on top to give the device a name and then what he did is Edit the Trust Control (see attached image)

The device was in "Shared" function and he changed it to "Fully Trusted".

The above was then repeated for the other CDJ-2000 and then the network-cable was put in the DJM2000, also connecting both Mediaplayers to the mixer.... Crossed my fingers and opened Recordbox: Yes, they are all there.

DJ BramBo 0 votes

Yeah, I loathe Norton anything.  :shudder:

Glad you were able to solve it, thanks for reporting back!

Pulse 0 votes

although off-topic, any advice on a more "RB-friendly" protector is appreciated ;-)

DJ BramBo 0 votes

most of them I know block Rekordbox but you can allow the program. I am using ESET smart security and just disable firewall when playing live ;) it's a decent one.. maybe some other forum members use a anti-virus package that doesn't even block RB.. but I have not encountered one yet

Benno Revelli 0 votes

@Pulse > I like the Norton Removal Tool!

@BramBo > I find Microsoft Security Essentials has become a fantastic security tool - but just ensure you disable the firewall when using RB. Don't compromise on security just because of one program - use the software you think works best. You probably won't be on any internet networks when using RB anyway.

Gavin 0 votes

HI GUYS i have 2 CDJ2000   AND DJM2000 win 10 64 bit  computer both CDJ and DJM 2000 are connected to the DJM Ethernet ports and rekordbox but i cant get the computer to connect to the CDJ2000 and when you press the link on the cdj2000 i cant see record box i have disabled fire walls and internet but if i use USB  yjr two cdj2000 they controle rekordbox wow really lost

Stephen Panagaris 0 votes