Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox no link and crash on close

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!
1) Operating System: OSX 10.7.4
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) Rekordbox version: 1.6.2
4) Using LINK: Yes
4a) LINK Connection method: DJM2000
4b) Using with CDJs: Yes 2x 2000
6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes
7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes
8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: infinite spinning color wheel of death
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

I updated rekordbox this afternoon, now the link button won't show at all and when I try to close I just get the never ending color wheel and I have to force close rekordbox. Everything has latest firmware, firewall is turned off, connected directly via LAN cable.
Worked perfectly with previous version of rekordbox. I even re installed rekordbox twice. Please help

Muscle hamster

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

I'be started having a similar problem. It was working but now when I click link the decks don't show on RB and RB doesn't show up on the deck. My laptop is strictly for DJing so there's no firewall. I've tried restarts on the decks, hub, and laptop but nothing works. I played a set turned everything off went back later to do another mix and found there was no link button. After a few restarts the button came back but pressing doesn't make the decks show

Si BooGie 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I checked my setup on my 2nd laptop and it works fine so I'm at a loss ad to what the problem is

Si BooGie 0 votes

Ive copied the files from my DJ laptop to my general one and now there's no link so it would suggest something wrong with the files or settings in RB

Si BooGie 0 votes

Scrap what I said, I'm back to to square one when I click the link button the deck aren't linking. In desperation I updated to 2.0.1 and still no link. I'm going to completely uninstall and start from scratch.

Si BooGie 0 votes

@MH > I've had to do a complete uninstall, but it still seemed to leave the hidden folder behind so kept having the same problem but once I deleted that and did a fresh install I've got the new version 2.0.1 working. It will mean re-analysing all my tracks which will take over a week going by previous time scales. I'm hoping this version might be quicker. One thing that's looking good is that 1.6.2 kept crashing when I tried to import some of my folder so I was having to do it track by track but with the new version the folder are going straight in. Wish me luck I need as I've got a gig next week so need this working

Si BooGie 0 votes

This link is for the post giving the location:

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20658308-migrating-your-rekordbox-database

2.0.1 keeps crashing when I'm trying to import folders, so I was having to import track by track and with over 30yrs worth of music I've well over a 100,000 tracks. I was getting random crashes, the CDJ'S were crashing when trying to link and I've got a gig on the 21st. I've uninstalled it to go back to 1.6.1

Si BooGie 0 votes