Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

RekordBox 2.0.1 Release Notes - Is this for the standard CDJ's ?

What's new in rekordbox Ver.2.0.1

●rekordbox supports features of CDJ-2000nexus.

(1) Enlarged waveform display for the CDJ-2000nexus during the analysing process.

(2) Make an "Active Loop" for use on the CDJ-2000nexus.

(3) Select if "Hot Cues" load automatically on the CDJ-2000nexus.

(4) CDJ-2000nexus "Utility Menu" settings can be managed and exported using "My Settings".

(5) When using the "Pro DJ Link" rekordbox can act as the Master BPM deck.

●Key Detection added during the analysing process.

●The option "Property" has been added to the menu when you right click a track that will open the "Info" screen.

●First beat of the bar displayed.

●Set the first beat of the bar in "Adjust BPM / Beat Grid Mode".

●The BPM range has been increased from 180 to 499 (the maximum BPM during the analysing process remains at 180).

●1 minute markers are displayed on the waveform.

●Quantize is on by default.  Only when you turn "Quantize" off on the player will "Quantize" not work.

●Fixed an issue where rekordbox would crash if "Cue" information was damaged on a "Device".

●Fixed an issue where rekordbox would replace artwork with the incorrect artwork on a "Device".

●Fixed an issue where "Artist Names" would be replaced with "Album Names" when reloading a tag after editing the "Album Names" field.

●Fixed an issue where "Genre" would be replaced when browsing with the arrow keys on a Mac.

●Fixed an issue where "Playlists" would be incorrectly displayed on a "Device" when overwriting the playlist more than 16,000 times.

●Fixed an issue where the "Link" button would not be displayed when using the "Pro DJ Link".

●Fixed an issue where rekordbox would crash when tracks are deleted in a certain way.

tHeHuSsLeR

Please sign in to leave a comment.

22 comments

So i wonder what from this update work's on the standard CDJ2000 ?, And should this be installed on a standard CDJ2000 ? :/

tHeHuSsLeR 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I like how it finds the key signature and we don' need another program to do so. Hope it works flawlessly.

Edgar Garcia 0 votes

i like how quantize is defaulted to on, but i use mixed in key so im not keen on upgrading yet............. is there a way to turn of the key feature when analiszing?

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

@Zeus

Yeh there's a checkbox in preferences to analyse key on import. So you can just leave this unchecked and it won't analyse the tracks key.

Mentz 0 votes

@mentz nice one bro, think i'll upgrade as i defo want the quantize to be on all the time

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

guys am i missing something here: 

● Quantize is on by default.  Only when you turn "Quantize" off on the player will "Quantize" not work.

Im using a CDJ2K and DJM2K 

when i installed 2.0 rb i expected the quantize button in RB to be green (enabled as default) mine isnt :(

does this only work with nexus? is there a setting somewhere to change?

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

I'm also puzzled by this... not sure if they mean quantize in Rekordbox or Quantize on the CDJ.

Didier Malenfant 0 votes

also puzzeled by this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151131470683389&set=a.100782273388.87593.8135113388&type=1&theater

this image shows the settings, now i think this is a remote setting for making your players default to different values, so yeah i would like to make my tempo range +6 instead of it loading at +10. so i changed the settings and clicked on apply all devices, and there is also a pic of my cdj2k that im supposed to click to set remote defaults, when i do this nothing changes........... surely cdj2k is supported?

would really like quantize button to be green (enabled) when rekordbox loads and tempo range on my cdj to be +6 when it loads, and i thought these features would do it

baffled lol 

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

@Zeus None of the new "user settings" in Rekordbox 2.0.1 are supported by the current firmware of the regular 2000s.

Some *might* be supported by a future firmware update but we don't know yet which ones, if any.

Didier Malenfant 0 votes

@didier yeah someone else just clarfied this in another post, cheers bro 

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

Question about the new features in rekordbox 2.0.1 with analyzes when a track has been analyzed with an older version:

With analyze missing data : what is the grid after replace the new analysis.

With analysis key : is that the grid after replace the new analysis.

To take advantage of all the new features, missing data analysis is that enough or should redo a complete analysis.

I ask this because I'm worried about having to recheck my 4000 tracks again after having analyzed.

Thanks

smile-jg 0 votes

@Hussler > We will have to wait and see what updates can make their way over to the CDJ2000. The OP is about updating rekordbox, not CDJs.

@Edgar > The key analysis works very well, in all preliminary tests I did - mostly comparable to MiK.

@Zeus > You could get MiK to write the keys to the comments field and still enable rekordbox to scan the files if you wished.

@Zeus & @Didier > Quantize Default On refers to the CDJs.

@Zeus > You can customise settings in rekordbox and export them to the new CDJ2000nexus. What can be implemented on the CDJ2000 remains to be seen.

@Smile-jg > If you are worried about messing up grids, I would try analysing, perhaps, 5 tracks and see how the re-analysis affects them first before re-analysing your whole library.

Gavin 0 votes

The BPM range has been increased from 180 to 499 (the maximum BPM during the analysing process remains at 180)

we need it to go down also. like 60bpm minimal

michel 0 votes

Hi I Just found that i actually miss the function in rekordbox to choose if I want to enable Quantize on specifik tracks... For example I would like some of my acapellas to not be Quantized.. Is this function taken away in 2.0.1?

/Chris

Christoffer Földes 0 votes

nope, the quantize on/off button is still there when each track is loaded to the internal player

BriChi 0 votes

Yes I Know about that Function.. But I mean that you can chose if the tracks would be quantized on the players or not. In the older versions you found that option as a checkmarker where you now got the choice to choose if you want the Hot Cues to autoload.

oh yeah, look at that, It is gone, I just opened 1.6 and then 2.0.1 to compare and yeah, looks like they took that out and replaced with hot cue. I never used the "quantize" column so i never knew it was there, sorry

BriChi 0 votes

Yeah. Thanks for checking it out. I have never been using it before but now I found some tracks that it would be great for. On the 2000 Nexus It doesnt matter because you easy press the button. But on the 2000 it takes at little more time...

Thats sad :(

ugh yeah, that sucks if you were used to it, maybe they can add it back in, they may not even realize it's gone, lol

BriChi 0 votes

hello, I'm from Brazil, because my rekordbox 2.0.1 not want to connect the link? not appear on the screen, I had to return to previous version. please help me.

Luciano Silva 0 votes