Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

Rekordbox 2.0.1 Crashes randomly

Hello Guys, first i need to say that my english is bad :D

Now my problem is :

I used RB 1.5.2 a long time... nearly half year.

I had no problems, all was working fine!

Last week i decided to update from 1.5.2 to 2.0.1

Since this update my RB is randomly crashing... mostly in using search or importing tracks.

Tried to rename the Databases, imported my new tracks (over night) and as i stand up rekordbox crashed again.

My system is a HP Pavilon g7 with 6gb of ram. Using AMD Phenom II Quad Core with 1.80 Ghz

Win7 - 64bit

Tried alot of things in this time

New Useraccount on win7 (seems to work fine like 5 hours) but same problem

Using new databases, backups and such

Uninstalling and deleting all files of RB/Pioneer

Installing serveral times...

Using different userrights on RB

My collection is about 9000-11000 tracks,  i tried to import just single folders too.(with like 500 tracks in it, to test if it crashes)

Crash will not come on time, not on startup! 

As i said, mostly when rekordbox is working to much i think > on searing for tracks or analyzing tracks or so.

The msg i get is (on german) "Rekordbox funktioniert nicht mehr" so > rekordbox has stopped working.

Ive tried the tips on older posts about crashing too (from pulse) but wont work right now.. :(

Sorry for this english, and feel free to help me :-)

greetz triix :)

Kevin tRiiX W.

Please sign in to leave a comment.

23 comments

@Kevin > Have you isolated any tracks that may be causing the crash when you import them? Where do you get your music from?

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hey Gavin,

My collection is from djtunes, dancetunes and beatport. Im using some tracks out of promotion pools to, but they are not on this collection because im using them only thru usb sticks. Ive checked the mps serveral times with 3 tools for it. Noone found any problem.

Ive used this collection like 1 year with no problem.

I cant imagine where the problem comes from :( Would help one of the crashlogfiles? I cant find out something from this files hehe.

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

ah short edit:

All my files are 320kbit mp3! there is no other typ of music.

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

I found that if I tried to import folders with large amount (10000) of tracks RB would crash but if I went in to the folder and imported the sub folders (1000) they would import ok. The search function was the best I found when compared to the earlier versions, I even risked using it live at a gig I did at the weekend.

Si BooGie 0 votes

I found that if I tried to import folders with large amount (10000) of tracks RB would crash but if I went in to the folder and imported the sub folders (1000) they would import ok. The search function was the best I found when compared to the earlier versions, I even risked using it live at a gig I did at the weekend.

Si BooGie 0 votes

I am having the same problem, adding track lots of about 20 or 30 songs at a time. They are still being analyzed when I am dropping more in, then it just crashes. Most times i could restart it and the tracks would still be in there and still being analyzed. But after it crashed about 10 times tonight, the next time I opened it, the playlists that I had created and was importing files to were that night were GONE! When I checked the crash folder it only had one entry, renamed backup file and tried that but playlists were still the older ones. Probably because the backup file is only created when you close rekordbox correctly. Very annoying that it seems to be when it has a lot of files to analyze, that is when it crashes. Files are MP3 and have checked them all & they are ok, Win 7 64bit 6 gig ram. So can you tell me how many files as a mximum you can have being in the que to be analyzed at one time?

David Thornton 0 votes

Would be happy for someone who can give me vers. 1.5.2 or 1.5.3 ;) need my rb every weekend, and atm i dont feel like using it so far... :/ cant find any link to older versions on google, my org. cd is 1.4.1 or smth :/

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

Hehe thanks, lol .. i searched like one hour for older versions... :/ hope it will work with this vers. till i get help with 2.0.1 :E

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

Ah no Boogie, check out the download link :D just a refer to the 2.0.1 :/

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

sorry didn't click all the way through. I've got 1.5.3 on the disc that came with my CDJs

Si BooGie 0 votes

Would you please send me as mail? :) would be nice!

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

it won't be until tomorrow, the box is stored away but I can do that

Si BooGie 0 votes

Would be fine, asked support via ticket too for older versions... still no answer :-/

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

@Kevin > I've dug it out but can't compress enough to send

Si BooGie 0 votes

hmm, upload on zippyshare or something and send me the link maybe? :)

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

No probs just sorting it now. I'll send the link vial email

Si BooGie 0 votes

unbeliveable....i just tried to reinstall the whole win7 system.

Clean install, with format, and just installing the needed drivers (graphic cards, lan and such)

installed rekordbox, imported the musicfolder... and i just came back home today : Rekordbox has stopped working.  And STILL no response from Pio support ticket...

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes

2.0.1 is a mess for me too, cannot copy to SD card without some files saying they cannot copy on first try, and it crashes, A LOT... SO aggravating too because I cannot downgrade because with the 2000NXS u have to use 2.0.1

BriChi 0 votes

Yeah, but the support wont answer since 3! weeks, downgrade versions are not availible on the net.

I just buyed my CDJ 900 + 2000s cuz the simply Pro Link function. Sold my Traktor and other shitz... NOW i dont have any (new) CD and rekordbox is not able to work more than 5minuts. My weekly radioshow is f**** up, my gigs are uncreative, cuz i need to burn cds just for the gigs...

And i wont buy a 2800€ macbook just cuz RB would work on it. The whole programm isnt stable atm.

Atm im using 2x 32GB sticks with nearly the full collection... but this is not the option i want to work with. To search tracks in this big libary is suicide

I hope they will answer my ticket soon... or better give me 1.5.3 version back ... cant understand where the problem is.

As "hobby" DJ its very expensive to buy Pio gear, and then u got smacked by pio :/

Kevin tRiiX W. 0 votes