Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

rekordbox drop outs help!!

Hi, first of all I have done some reading and only found one simular issue.

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/21370783-rekordbox-1-5-4-tries-to-terminate-rekordbox-when-linked-to-cdj900-s

I have tired turning off firewall and AV disabled wirless and change over network cables. updated firmware ect everything is up to date and all possible dead spots have been changed over.

I was using 1.5.3 (earlier versions no issues) then this issue started happening so i updated to 2.0.1 issue still happens but not so often and mostly when I'm playing from a set playlist in rekordbox. I decided to use USBs and record box and just shut down rekordbox like every hour and use it mostly for track searches other then that I stuff please help I dont know what to do and I no longer want this to happen when playing to crowds.

Jar adams

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

BUMP!!!

Are there any log files that get made that i could check?

Jar adams 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi there,

I have the same problem. I use RB 2.0.1 and in my last 2 gigs where i played for 6 hours , TB crashed twice right in the middle of the song, almost at the end of a build up!! total disaster and put off with lots of boooos!!

Both times it crashed on or about 3.5-4 hours into the set.

How can I stop this? is this s latency or buffer size issue?

I use 2xDJM 2000 and mix on DJM 2000. In RB preferences what should the buffer size be and which Hz figure should i be on?

Many thanks

Hoomzy 0 votes

too many computer gremlins to consider to make me use rekordbox out live in a club... 100% memory stick / usb drive.

chances are you wont be able to actually narrow down what the problem was... but have you played the same music file again that crashed - to see if its the file? or did it play ok the next time??

buffer size will change based on your pc/mac spec... you best have a play and work outs best for you & your set up!

i use my decks out live at least 3 times a week... usb drives are so the way forward, no way would i even consider using a mac/pc - and it doesnt take long to export your music :)

Matt Jackson 0 votes

Yep, I've had dropouts during sets for whatever reason in various versions of rekordbox and I too have moved to USB sticks. I export all the tracks (playlists) I expect to use for the gig onto two USBs (one is a backup) plus I take along a third USB stick...

I still take my mac along for requests that I don't have on my main export USB; I search my rekordbox collection for the requested track, export it to the third USB and use that stick in the second player.

Also, if I just want to see if I have a particular track in my collection I'll use the rekordbox search on the laptop in the first instance because it's quicker than using the player search function.

hatrik 0 votes

Thank you Guys!

Looks like I will have to consider the USB option! luckily on the night I had a USB backup already in the CDJ, so within a few seconds I was able to put a track on! ...lucky! but it was not a nice experience!

Matt; The tracks are fine, I rebooted everything and reloaded the same track and it played no problem, was a bit risky/brav, but it worked!

But I would like Pioneer/Pulse to also commnet on this problem please.

I use a macbook pro that is only a year old, but still not sure what buffer size etc should be,  it seems to work fine no matter which setting I choose in my studio,  it has only crashed on me during 2 live gigs and never in my studio where i play/practice upto 2 hours at a time using mac and RB only. 

Obviously RB was created for this purpose, drop and play tracks dirctly from mac and there has to be an explanation as to why this happens. I started using RB a year ago during live gigs and so far it has only happened to me on the last 2 gigs.

I will switch to USBs for now ,but could someone shed some light on this problems please?

many thanks

Hoomzy 0 votes

a few years back i was djing in a big london club - well known for its bass... anyhow my mac was crashing all over the place for no reason. I was using traktor at the time.. however, it turned out to be the mechanical hard drive being shaken to bits... i went and replaced the drive with a ssd counterpart!  That fixed it :o)

The spl's in your studio get no where near those in a club and i found this to be a massive factor with HD reliability...

Matt Jackson 0 votes